Employer Reference

dan77

Hi,

Is it necessary to get reference from all the employers with whom u have worked.

I my case i am working with the current amployer for over 3 years. Before that I was a partner in Chartered Accountants firm for 1 year.

What I want to know is:

1. Will the reference from my current employer be enough. Even the deptt. of immigration talks about 3 years work experience

2. Earlier to that as I was a partner therefore there was no employer as such, so how can i get a reference from the employer.

Pls help

Regards

Hi and welcome i did not supply a employers reference with my application as i have been self-employed since 1986, and the two salons i worked at are no longer there, and i did not fancy approaching my first employer, but i did not have a problem, i just wrote and explained what my duties were for each place i worked at

Tania X

Thanks Tania,

I think reference from current employer and a letter from the Institute of Chartered Accountants stating that I was a partner in that particular firm during that paricular period would work.

What do u think?

Thanks

Hi and welcome i did not supply a employers reference with my application as i have been self-employed since 1986, and the two salons i worked at are no longer there, and i did not fancy approaching my first employer, but i did not have a problem, i just wrote and explained what my duties were for each place i worked at

Tania X

Thanks Tania,

I think reference from current employer and a letter from the Institute of Chartered Accountants stating that I was a partner in that particular firm during that paricular period would work.

What do u think?

Thanks

That does sound like it will cover it. I had a similar problem I had worked through my own limited company for 5 years - I was asked to get a reference from my company (i.e ME!) I fudged it and got references from my clients - but as they were large companies that worked fine.

Although you don't want delays at worst they will come back to you and ask for more evidence. Just a thought though could you get a personal reference from another partner?

Jules

But my point is that the immigration deptt. ask for 3 years work experience. I m working with current employer for over 3 years. So still need reference from my partner. Proble is that right now you may not have that much good relation with the partner.

That does sound like it will cover it. I had a similar problem I had worked through my own limited company for 5 years - I was asked to get a reference from my company (i.e ME!) I fudged it and got references from my clients - but as they were large companies that worked fine.

Although you don't want delays at worst they will come back to you and ask for more evidence. Just a thought though could you get a personal reference from another partner?

Jules

Sorry I'm not quite understanding, if you require 3 years experience and have been with current employer more tthan 3 years then you will only need that reference.

There are some accountancy experts of here, I'd post something with Chartered Accountant in the title to attract their attention to confirm how far back references are required.

Jules

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Jules

Did u got some information on this...

Sorry I'm not quite understanding, if you require 3 years experience and have been with current employer more tthan 3 years then you will only need that reference.

There are some accountancy experts of here, I'd post something with Chartered Accountant in the title to attract their attention to confirm how far back references are required.

Jules

Archived