Has anyone successfully taken kids back to UK when they have an Aussie father ??

Wishful

My kids are 10 and 12. I would love to take them back to the uk for a year in about 3 years but am going to have to go to court to do it and so was wondering if anyone had had any success or even obstacles that I could learn from. They do see their dad and there are no "major" issues just we dont get along and so he would not agree to it I know !!! Thanks.:arghh:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest welcometomyworld

Hi wishful, what do your children think about this? I would have thought taking them away for a year during crucial schooling wasnt such a good idea. To settle permently in the UK is a different matter, but I would imagine the Courts would take many things into account eg. school, accomodation, life style, etc in the UK not to mention the distress on the Father/children situation. Tug of love children only in my mind have one winner and that is the lawyer obtaining his/her fees! Good Luck

Guest guest22466

I have to agree with welcome to my world. I have to be honest with you my ex husband was british and we had only been in oz 18mths and I was not allowed to go back home to my house that I still had and where we both had family and friends. The reason is that the courts feel that the child has the right to see both parents. Now i do know of two ladies who fought the legal system at a huge financial cost one with a aussie ex hubby and one with an british ex hubby. One lady did not have permanent visa - ex uk hubby and the other with the oz ex hubby in the end agreed they could all return and he was not a well regards to his very bad drinking issues and the mothers health was not good on her own here with the children - it cost lots as it was her second request. You can try if you can afford it but its not easy. I lost my case to return,along with the house, money etc but if you dont try you dont know...now the ex and his family here in OZ 5 years down the track have lost interest in my son ... u cant win....but my ex loves to see us suffer...as he did within the marriage lol

Guest welcometomyworld

Pommyoz. its always such a dilemma when dealing with situations like this, and I sicnerely hope that eventually your situation resolves itself, you have your son, and a few years down the road, you will reap all the benefits. Its a heart wrenching situation for sure. Slightly off topic has anyone been reading about the english woman based in dubai with her moslem husband, who had a friend in to fix her pc, husband accused her of adultry, courts awarded her two sons to her husband and she is serving time in prison in Dubai, I saw a YOUTube piccie of her collapsing in a car park as her children were being driven away, now that is someone with problems poor lass

Guest guest22466

Yes that makes me feel sick to the stomach for the poor women it just breaks my heart for the mother and her children. It does make you think twice uuuumm

Hi wishful, what do your children think about this? I would have thought taking them away for a year during crucial schooling wasnt such a good idea. To settle permently in the UK is a different matter, but I would imagine the Courts would take many things into account eg. school, accomodation, life style, etc in the UK not to mention the distress on the Father/children situation. Tug of love children only in my mind have one winner and that is the lawyer obtaining his/her fees! Good Luck

Hi thank you for your comments there would be no Lawyers just represent myself...I want them to experience Uk so when they are old enough they can make an informed decision.....

Guest guest22466

Good idea to represent yourself to be honest you will probaly do a better job lol As your children will be at an age where their wishes should be taken into account you may have a better chance . Im sure its either 12 or 13 when the children can decide if they still want contact with other parent and the court will listen. My son is 9 yrs old and does not want to go to the ex's for contact but the judge says he still has to go wether he wants to or not unless the child is in danger or abuse. So id say go for it what do u have to lose. The age of the children has a lot to do with it aswell. You can but try !!!! nothing ventured nothing gained thats how we ended up in this situation lol

Guest welcometomyworld

Hi wishful, I agree there, and hopefully they have a British passport as well, so that if needed they can have the best of both worlds! and I am sure your children will thank you later on in life for that. Its difficult to give good advice without knowing all the facts but representing yourself sounds the best way,maybe you could also join legal forums also, I have come across quite a few, just to see how the land lies , very best wishes in your decision making, let us know how you get on

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there,

I won my case (seems strange typing that as in reality, no-one is a winner). I am one of the few who actually gets to go home. I am relocating next month with my boys. Its been a long 2yr court battle, with costs exceeding 100k in total from both sides. My health and mental health suffered greatly where at one stage I thought the world was about to end for me.

Its a very tough battle. Not many get to go home.

I have a thread going on General Chat http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/news-gossip-chat/47091-children-what-happens-if-you-your-partner-decide-go-home.html My situation was slightly different to yours, where I was actually accused of child abduction.

Long story, not one I have the energy to explain. But just to let you know, for some - there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

I wish you all the very best.

Guest guest22466

Well done Tigers2 I am so pleased for you and your children . I am one of the unlucky ones and no judges it is not always in the best interests of the children to remain in a country where the primary carer does not have the loving help and support of family and friends. Love it when some of the ex 's declares how much they love the children then in time reduce their contact time with the children and the CSA to $6 per week (thats 3pounds in uk ) ........... why because the Australian ATO and the Australian CSA let them lol lol Well TIgers2 no one but no one can ever know what we have gone through and for myself still going through. Just hope our experiences helps someone else. Im in court again (his choice) with ex 5 years after declined relocation case as he wants less time and responsibility for the son that he so wanted to remain in this country with....uuummm Novelty worn off id say.......So why does he not let us go home because that would make the primary carers life too easy lol

Archived