Moving to nsw, pls advice!!

Guest kkris.san

Guest kkris.san

Hello my dear friends,

i am moving with my hubby to nsw, and we wanted a little idea as to which suburb is best to start a new life in oz...we r coming from india and we are coming on pr visa... Any suggestions as to which suburb or town is best to start off with in terms of reasonable rents and transportation etc... I am looking for a place which is close enough to other cities in nsw so travelling becomes easier to these cities...not necessarily only sydney city...could be other imp cities in nsw...

Your help is truly appreciated...as we are totally new..

Thanks a lot in advance

awaiting ur replies

regards

krisha

• 4 weeks later...
Guest littlesarah
Hi Kirsha,

What does it mean that you are high risk?

thanks

K

It refers to the visa category - takes longer to process. I don't know what the 'risk' is about (could be health).

OP - NSW is HUGE, and where to settle will depend on a number of factors - where you will be able to get work will be one (unless you're able to work anywhere, like me). Would you prefer to be near the coast or inland? Would you like the warmer, more tropical climate of north NSW, or the cooler weather of south NSW? Do you want to live in/near a major city, or would you prefer a smaller town?

Have a look at 'Lonely Planet' or 'Rough Guide' to get some idea of climate etc. But don't believe everything you read in such guides! They both say very little about where we're headed, but we love it (as do thousands of other people trying to get out of Sydney)!!

Best wishes

Sarah

• 3 weeks later...
Guest loulabelle

Hi there,

We live in northern NSW, beautiful area...the closet city to us is actually brisbane. Its a great place to live especially with a family..we are 20 minutes from the hustle and bustle of the gold coast but still in country NSW with everything you need without the unspoiltness and busyness of Sydney and Gold Coast etc... I would really look into all areas as they are all so different..South Coast NSW is gorgeous too (A bit cooler than up here though!!!!)

Good luck

Loulabelle

Archived