Things to see/do - NSW South Coast

Guest Mynoraxis

Guest Mynoraxis

You can waste your time scouring through tourist brochures with photos of places that look too good than they actually are, or you can check out these places I highly recommend.

* Nan Tien Temple - Berkley, Wollongong

* Jervis Bay - Paradise/Place to relax, dive, fish, camp, etc. Must see!

* Hyams Beach - Hyams Beach (Jervis Bay) - Whitest sand you'll ever see! Bring the sunglasses!

* If you unfortunately get stuck in Nowra somewhere, the Nowra Animal Park is very tiny, but good place if you want to see some of the main native animals up close and feed them. We got a pic taken with a Koala, patting some Kangaroos, feeding some Emus etc. And it's not overcrowded like alot of zoos.

* A couple great places for camping - Booderie National Park and further south, Pebbly Beach (don't leave your food outside or the kangaroos and possums will eat it at night and the goannas will during the day). For a more country-feel, Coolendel is a nice place away from everything - you can hire a canoe up the river, hear nothing but majestic peacocks during the day, have wombats feeding outside your cabin in the evening.

So don't waste your time visiting silly places like Jambaroo and expecting it to be like Alton Towers, or Bondi Beach and seeing more people than the beach. These beauties I've recommended will make you proud you moved here!

Guest proud2beaussie

Yeah I have been to all those places and i agree with you.

They are fabulous,another positive post for PIO,

Thanks

You can waste your time scouring through tourist brochures with photos of places that look too good than they actually are, or you can check out these places I highly recommend.

* Nan Tien Temple - Berkley, Wollongong

* Jervis Bay - Paradise/Place to relax, dive, fish, camp, etc. Must see!

* Hyams Beach - Hyams Beach (Jervis Bay) - Whitest sand you'll ever see! Bring the sunglasses!

* If you unfortunately get stuck in Nowra somewhere, the Nowra Animal Park is very tiny, but good place if you want to see some of the main native animals up close and feed them. We got a pic taken with a Koala, patting some Kangaroos, feeding some Emus etc. And it's not overcrowded like alot of zoos.

* A couple great places for camping - Booderie National Park and further south, Pebbly Beach (don't leave your food outside or the kangaroos and possums will eat it at night and the goannas will during the day). For a more country-feel, Coolendel is a nice place away from everything - you can hire a canoe up the river, hear nothing but majestic peacocks during the day, have wombats feeding outside your cabin in the evening.

So don't waste your time visiting silly places like Jambaroo and expecting it to be like Alton Towers, or Bondi Beach and seeing more people than the beach. These beauties I've recommended will make you proud you moved here!

Yesss my cousin has just moved to Jervis Bay! will spend some time there with them, cant wait now after what you wrote! Sounds lovely

We are hoping to move to NSW how far is it to drive to Jervis Bay?

Guest Mynoraxis

About 2 and half hours south from Sydney depending on traffic conditions of course! Not hard to find though.

Archived