Rough costs for going back to the UK please?

Guest Murra

Hi

I am seriously considering moving back to the UK for a number of reasons and what I would like to know is whether anyone on here can give me a rough ball park figure for moving back with ......

4 dogs and about half a container load of furniture

(Please note the dogs won't be in the container!!! :smile: )

I won't hold you to it, I promise, but just wondered if someone on here might just know roughly what it would cost!

Thanks

Guest Working to fish
Hi

I am seriously considering moving back to the UK for a number of reasons and what I would like to know is whether anyone on here can give me a rough ball park figure for moving back with ......

I won't hold you to it, I promise, but just wondered if someone on here might just know roughly what it would cost!

Thanks

Dont hold me to it ,Mm this is a guess ,but around the same price it cost to get here ,like i say only a guess.

eddie

OK Maybe I asked for that - what I should have explained is that I came out here 11 years ago with a full container and 3 dogs, but I was just trying to get some sort of idea, thinking that maybe someone has more recent information/costings, or knows anyone who has done something similar?? Sorry if I appeared to be asking a dim question!

Guest Working to fish
OK Maybe I asked for that - what I should have explained is that I came out here 11 years ago with a full container and 3 dogs, but I was just trying to get some sort of idea, thinking that maybe someone has more recent information/costings, or knows anyone who has done something similar?? Sorry if I appeared to be asking a dim question!

See you didnt say you now have 4 dogs and not 3 .

Only jokeing with you ,sorry i dont know much of the costs of going back.

eddie:biglaugh:

Hi

I thought there was a PETS scheme which means the dogs don't have to go into quarantine if they have had the rabies jabs??

I was hoping that as I'm only planning on about half a container going back, it might not be so expensive.

I know the dogs are going to cost me big $ but there's no way I'd be leaving them behind!!

Guest kazmatt
Hi

Thanks

hi murra cant help you on the price for the doge but we go home in four weeks, flights cost us $3800 for 2 adults and 2 kids, half a container for $5000, it aint cheap, good luck , need any more info, send me a p.m. matt.

Its more expensive shipping back than comin out here . Dont know the exact figures but its alot more 4 dogs be dear and the quarantine in the uk 6 months

Mally

Dogs do not have to go into quarantine when coming from Australia.

Hi

I thought there was a PETS scheme which means the dogs don't have to go into quarantine if they have had the rabies jabs??

I was hoping that as I'm only planning on about half a container going back, it might not be so expensive.

I know the dogs are going to cost me big $ but there's no way I'd be leaving them behind!!

We went with crown from Brisbane and thought it not that exspensive but would have had half of you by sounds of it.

Leave the Dogs with Eddie, I'm sure he wont mind

We took 1 dog back to UK in 2006 cost $5500. Also had to have rabies injection and the blood test 1 month later and then when this was positive there is a 6 month wait before the passport is valid. Think the injection and blood tests were about another $500.

I know...We were hoping to take one of our dogs back to the UK as well, but considering it's looking like costing nearly as much to get him over, as to get flights for our whole family of 7! I think he may have to stay here :(

Guest rodly

I know and 18 months later we brought him and another dog back to Australia. My hubby says they must be the world's most expensive labradors, but i would not have come withouth them.

Mrs Doyle good luck with your move, we came here from Edinburgh. We really miss the Scottish countryside.

Guest Murra

I know it's going to be big $, but that does sound pretty huge! I think it also depends on size of dog too, but it certainly cost me more to get dogs over here than people!!

However, they're my 'kids' and there's only me, so I would be treating them as my 'family' - I suppose they just happen to be a very expensive family to transport!! Crazy really, when you think about the cost per person, and the cost for a dog!!!!

Re: shipping companies for home contents - anyone got any recommendations?

Similarly, I have been looking at dog transport companies and there seem to be quite a few! I'm near Adeliade, so wondered if anyone has any recommendations for this one too?

Thanks to all who have posted so far!

Archived