Short term rental accommodation with dog & new mums groups

Guest Rach K

Hi, can anyone advise where we can rent a property for a couple of weeks with a dog. We're moving to Adelaide next month and want to rent short term until we get a feel for the areas. Also any advice on areas would be welcome... my husband will be working at Queen Elizabeth hospital, we'd like somewhere nice but not too far from there if possible. I have a 6 week old baby and am keen to meet people and new mums, any good play groups, coffee morning groups you could recommend?

Thanks, Rachael

Guest tinbasher

Hi Rachel

I am not sure about mum's and tot groups, soz. You could try Adelaidebrits as I know there was a lady on there, I think called the fosterclan who had a group going and they lived at North Haven, which could be a bit of a trek for you depending on where you end up living. Rental with a dog. Your best bet would be phoning some estate agents and asking if they have a list of places that allow dogs. There are not many and you usually have to pay a bit more. We had real problems getting a rental with our dog, but we are still very glad that we brought her with us. The QEH is off Port Road which is one of the larger roads in Adelaide. Areas within a 20 minute drive from there that are good are: Henley Beach, Fulham and Fulham Gardens and West Lakes (those ones are towards the sea and can be a little bit pricey. Avoid Woodville and areas just off Port Road. Port Adelaide is just starting to be re-generated and will be nice once they have finished, but it could be a while.

Hope that helps a bit.

Mrs TinB:v_SPIN:

Hi Rachel,

If you are in the southern part of Adelaide, myself and some mums meet up on a Friday morning at Seacliff. We then walk to Brighton and have a coffee and a natter.

You are more than welcome to join us. Just PM me for more details.

Judi x

Archived