schools in point cook

Guest laura r

Guest laura r

hello,

ive got my son who is 10 in a public school, and i am not happy with the way he is getting on there. He is dyslesic and at his old school he was doing really well. He was reading every night and had homwork and spelling tests every week

but this school he is at now dont seem to do any of that and hes gunna start to fall behind.

i just wonderd if any one else had had the same problem or if any one knew of a better school. maybe a catolic? ive been doing a bit or reading on the net and ringing some schools so need as much advice as possible

thanks

laura:wacko:

Guest The Pom Queen

Hi Laura

Unfortunately, you are not on your own and a lot of parents have complained about the schooling situation in Point Cook. There are two catholic primary schools you could try:

Welcome to Stella Maris Catholic Primary School - Principal's Message

Main

I know when it comes to Secondary Education there has been a lot of negative feedback from parents and other teachers about Point Cook Secondary, however, it is only a new school which opened last year and hopefully they will learn by their mistakes.

You have Emmanuel College which is probably a better option, the fees are approx $2700 a year which isn't bad for a private education.

It is very hard having to uproot a child when they are just learning to settle in to a new school and make friends. Have you tried asking the school for help and telling them how you feel?

Hope it all works out well for you and your son.

Kate

Archived