Australian Federal Police Clearance - Update

SOMV

This is an update from the MIA:

Form 1101 is no longer to be used, and the new form - available at: http://www.afp.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/90643/NPC-Application_form.pdf - is to be used from now on.

Apparently the AFP will accept the old Form 1101 for a while longer, but this is only so that any old forms that have been signed already and/or posted already can be processed.

As for completing the forms, when completing the new National Police Check Application Form you should ensure that for Question 4 (Purpose of NPC) on page 2 you enter the number 33. Code 33 is the correct code for Immigration/Citizenship.

Applications will not be processed without that code number.

Fingerprints are not required.

More information can be found here: National Police Checks - AFP

Cheers,

Veronika

Guest SkyeStephen09

Hi SOMV,

Thanks for the info! My Fiance is British (male) and I am Australian and were applying for the Spouse Visa. We are just finalising our details now, however my partner has completed both the Oz FPC and the Oz Character Check, and the same forms for the UK side of it. We are applying for the Visa outside Aus, so do we need to submit all the results from these forms with the application? Or do we only apply for the checks/supply certs for the checks once the Case Officer requests it. Which is actually mandatory for the application?

Also I have lots of other questions but know where to ask them?!? We'd appreciate absolutely any help we could get! Were so desperate for this visa so that we can stay together!!

Some of the things required as part of the evidence to be submitted either aren't feasible to us or were completely unsure of how to obtain. In the "Social Context" Category in the Partner Migration booklet, it says that we need to declare our relationship to the government bodies, commercial/public institutions or authorities, and provide proof as such. HOW??? Also, in the "financial aspects" & " Nature of the Household" Categories, the majority of the evidence revolves around having joint owenrship of a mortgage, utility acounts, asstes or real estate, or shared legal committments. We are a young couple, been together for 2 years, engaged, have travelled quite a bit together as well as lived together for 1.5 years, however we cannot afford to have joint ownership in any of these things due to our situation/having to apply for the visa& spend all of our money just to stay together!

We plan to have all of these things within 2 years if this visa is granted, but if we don't have these findamental pieces of evidence, what else can we do?!?

We cannot afford to have joint membership in things like Gym, as where we live this is only available on an annual term for a costly price. With fees with visa, flights and money to set ourselves up in OZ for when we do eventuially get back (when visa permits), we cannot afford luxuries such as this. Will this hinder our application?? Is there some way of letting them know that we cannot do some of these things because of lack of funds due to the visa application process etc?? Can we write a detailed cover letter explaining why some of the evidence factors are simply not possible for us??

We also Board - not rent - and therefore do not have a tenancy agreement and are not on the house lease. If we get signed receipts and stat decs from the land-lords will thuis suffice??

We have joint Bank accounts,have letters/proof of contact when we were apart, proof of travel together,photo's, sentimental cards&other pieces, invites from family/friends to us as a couple, joint email account, emails to High Commissions as couples, lots of stat decs from friends/families, letters/correspondence to same address, proof of living together, sentimental items from his family to me(recognising me as part of the family), proof of our engagement, joint fundraising/giving to charity, and a few other bits and peices. Do you think this will be enough???

Um also sorry one more q'n...If we get my finace's family to sign OZ stat decs here in the UK, will it be legally binding under OZ law, even if its signed and witnessed here instead of Aus?

I'm sorry this is such a novel, I don't know where to ask but as we need to apply NOW, i'm starting to get really concerned that we may not have enough info!

Archived