Anyone want to meet in Brisbane?

Guest Susie_x_Chris

Guest Susie_x_Chris

Hi,

We're hoping to move to Brisbane (just passed skills assessment - yippee). Is there anyone living there who would like to meet up for a beer/bbq/chat to let us know how you are finding Brisbane. We have no family yet but still would be interested in knowing about family-orientated Brisbane. Basically, anyone who has moved who can advise us of the good and bad would be great to speak with. We will be there from 29th March to 1st April and again from 8th April to 13th April 2007.

Look forward to meeting you

Susie

Guest JoanneHattersley
Hi,

We're hoping to move to Brisbane (just passed skills assessment - yippee). Is there anyone living there who would like to meet up for a beer/bbq/chat to let us know how you are finding Brisbane. We have no family yet but still would be interested in knowing about family-orientated Brisbane. Basically, anyone who has moved who can advise us of the good and bad would be great to speak with. We will be there from 29th March to 1st April and again from 8th April to 13th April 2007.

Susie

Im 35 and a nurse, hubbys 42 adn a bus driver. We live in Sinnamon Park, in the western suburbs. PM/Email me if you want to try and meet up.

Joanne + Mark

Guest JoanneHattersley
Hi,

Susie

Susie, Chris,

My husband and I are off Thursday/Fridays together and would happily meet up with you, either out somewhere for a coffee/beer or u can come to our place. Email/Pm and we will arrange it if u want to!

Joanne

Guest julie and ian

Hi.

We arrived in Brisbane 3 weeks ago from not no sunny Derby in the U.K. We are currently living in a serviced apartment in the CBD but are moving to out rental house in mid April. This will be in Bridgeman Downs.

We've just registered with this site today and want to say a big HELLO to all you fellow ex pats here in Brisbane. Hopefully we can meet up with a few of you soon.

:biggrin: Julie and Ian

Guest JoanneHattersley
Hi.

We arrived in Brisbane 3 weeks ago from not no sunny Derby in the U.K. We are currently living in a serviced apartment in the CBD but are moving to out rental house in mid April. This will be in Bridgeman Downs.

We've just registered with this site today and want to say a big HELLO to all you fellow ex pats here in Brisbane. Hopefully we can meet up with a few of you soon.

:biggrin: Julie and Ian

Hey there

We are in Brissie. Joanne and Mark here. We landed here 2 years ago no 9th Feb 2005 and absolutely love the place. We rented for a while but now are living in Sinnamon Park in the western suburbs. have bought a house and both have steady jobs! Lifes good!

Bridgeman Downs?? Where abouts is that?

Guest julie and ian
Hey there

We are in Brissie. Joanne and Mark here. We landed here 2 years ago no 9th Feb 2005 and absolutely love the place. We rented for a while but now are living in Sinnamon Park in the western suburbs. have bought a house and both have steady jobs! Lifes good!

Bridgeman Downs?? Where abouts is that?

Thanks for your reply, glad you love it here in Brisbane. Bridgeman Downs is in the Northern Suberbs area, close to Aspley/Carseldine. we don't move into our rental house until another 3 weeks. We can't wait, we've had enough of living in the CBD.:jiggy: :spinny:

Guest JoanneHattersley
Thanks for your reply, glad you love it here in Brisbane. Bridgeman Downs is in the Northern Suberbs area, close to Aspley/Carseldine. we don't move into our rental house until another 3 weeks. We can't wait, we've had enough of living in the CBD.:jiggy: :spinny:

Hey guys,

Good luck with the move! I can picture where you are going now! Have driven through Bridgeman Downs before.

Are you going to buy a house eventually? We rented for 18 months over in Jindalee at Centenary Quays from when we got here. Last May we bought a house in Sinnamon Park and are now the proud owners of a 3 bed low set (No More Stairs!). We love it here and hope that you guys do too.

Guest Morven33

Hi hope you dont mind me being nosey here but my husband is flying out 3 weeks on Saturday to start his new job (me and the kids dont go until July:cry: ) and he'll be based in Geebung which is near Aspley. Is that area nice? Do you know what the schools are like (if you have kids). There is only so much you can look up on line, the house prices dont seem too bad.

Cheers

Morven

• 2 weeks later...
Guest JoanneHattersley
Hi,

Susie

Was great to see/meet you when you came over for lunch! Happy to meet again if you have any more questions! Keep in touch and let us know how you are going!

• 4 weeks later...
Guest tricia

Hi Joanne and Mark

my name is Tricia and I am hoping to be in Brissie soon. I am a nurse and would be grateful for any help about good hodpitals to work in . Have been offered a job in St Andrews memorial and have interview for Prince Charles. Do you know any of these places I am an A&E nurse. Any info would be grate. Look forward to hearing from you.

Tricia

• 2 weeks later...
Guest tricia

Hi Guys...I am hoping to be in Brisbane by October. I am waiting on my skills assessment coming through and getting really itchy feet. Have job all lined up, have sold house just need all the paperwork done. Any tips would be great

Tricia

Guest JoanneHattersley
Hi Joanne and Mark

my name is Tricia and I am hoping to be in Brissie soon. I am a nurse and would be grateful for any help about good hodpitals to work in . Have been offered a job in St Andrews memorial and have interview for Prince Charles. Do you know any of these places I am an A&E nurse. Any info would be grate. Look forward to hearing from you.

Tricia

I have no knowledge of hospital work - sorry! I work in Sinnamon Retirement Village in elderly care. Sorry I cant help with that. We know the areas that the hospitals ar ein if you want any help there.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest mrandmrsk

MISSED YOU! WE WOULD BE MORE THAN HAPPY TO MEET UP WHEN YOU GET HERE. WE HAVE BEEN HERE SINCE JANUARY AND LIVE ON THE NORTH SIDE OF THE RIVER.

WE ARE THIRTY AND HAVE TO KIDS SO IF YOU WAN TO MEET WHEN YOU ARRIVE EMAIL ian@iankimberley.wanadoo.co.uk

Guest JoanneHattersley

husband and I have been in Brissie for 2 and a half years and are on the western suburbs in Sinnamon park.

Hes 42 + a bus driver and i am 35 and a RN.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest mjg30aus

Hi there guys, glad to seemore people moving to Brisbane, we live in cleveland on the bay PM us if you like we are on yahoo!! good luck

Archived