Financial agents!!!!!!

lynnes

Hi,

now that we are getting slowly closer to the big move and making enquiries to removal firms and such like I now keep getting emails and phone calls from financial agents who are asking me to register with them and they will 'help' with the transferring of funds to Australia. offering better exchange rates than the banks, no commision, faster exchange rates and so on. They say I am under no obligation to use them and that it will not cost me anything. This seems too good to me and I was just wondering if anyone else has used this service. I am so confused about the whole banking issue I think I may just go quickly barking. :arghh:

Thanks

Lynne

Lynne

If you are looking to move cash from the UK to Australia then I suggest you use one of the ones who help on this forum like HiFx. I have used them for clients and I know they have been helpful to a lot of people on here. Better the devil you know! Also they get a lot of business through referrals so their reputation is very important to them. www.hifx.co.uk They have offices in the UK and Australia

If you are looking to transfer Pensions or arrange Life Insurance etc in Australia then I recommend you see an Aussie Planner on arrival for a quick review and then take you time to decide exactly what you need.

Do not cancel UK Life insurance policies until you have replaced the cover over here. Often you can get transfer terms which will reduce the underwriting (paperwork and medicals) required to get a new policy.

Hope this helps.

regards

Liam

Archived