Nvq 4

briggs

Hey,

I am a bit confused at the moment.

I am wanting to migrate to Australia on the 475 or 176 visa.

I hold a AAT NVQ levels 2, 3, 4 Certificate which i completed part time, and a Cetificate in Higher Education in Business Information Technology from the UK which i completed full time.

I am thinking of choosing the Financial dealers and brokers nec, off the SOL list. Which is a 40 point Occupation.

Do you think i might have a chance of getting a positive skills assessment? from Vetassess.

Is it true that my NVQ 4 for AAT will not be recognised as i studied this part time?

Does anybody know the Australian eqivilent to an NVQ 4 too?

I don't really want to be spending so much money on the migration process if i know that i dont have a chance.

Thank you so much in advance for your help!

:err:

I completed the AAT NVQ level 4 in 2006. I realised I couldn't use this to go over as an accountant as the AAT is not recognised in Australia. Therefore I found a job with a firm of accountants and completed all my exams to be a chartered accountant in December 2008. I presumed as soon as I qualified (this will be at the end of my 3 year training contract in October this year), that I would be able to submit a 175 general skilled application.

Unfortunately I have been speaking to somebody at Australia House today and I need 12 months post qualification experience!!!! This means that at the earliest I cannot even apply until October 2010, then will have to wait around 15 months until a visa is granted. This is going to make it 2012 before I get to Australia.

Feeling really let down and can't believe how strict they are at letting people in - very unlike this country!!! :arghh:

I also have a BTEC Higher National Certificate in Business and Finance but don't know if that would help either.

Does anybody know of any easier way to get in???????????

Anza

Archived