City and guilds certificates

lynne1266

• 2 weeks later...
Guest jonnyspunkyboy

Hi

Im vehicle painter living in melbourne and we are currently here on a 457 sponsered visa. Before i got the sponser we also started applying for a 175 perm visa which we started applying for in sept 08 but due to diac changes we have now changed and applied for state sponser so hopefully things will happen alot sooner. So just to let you kno that you can come over on a 457 sponsered visa and also start applying for a perm visa at the same time it just means you get here alot sooner ie it took us 5mnths.

Melbourne is a great place and theres plenty to do to keep ya entertained like the mountains the beaches the CBD and whats great is that its all close. We live in Berwick which is on the outskirts about 40mins from the CBD and its a great up and comming place 20mins from beach 15mins from the bush and mountains.

The weather is not bad at all you get a long hot summers and to be onest yeah it does get cold a bit in the winter but not for long and its nothing like the uk.

With regards the city n guilds you will need atleast 2 yrs certs so make sure you try hard to get them.

You said your husband had a interview in sept who is it with if ya dont mind me asking?

Hope this helped

Cheers jon

Hi

Im vehicle painter living in melbourne and we are currently here on a 457 sponsered visa. Before i got the sponser we also started applying for a 175 perm visa which we started applying for in sept 08 but due to diac changes we have now changed and applied for state sponser so hopefully things will happen alot sooner. So just to let you kno that you can come over on a 457 sponsered visa and also start applying for a perm visa at the same time it just means you get here alot sooner ie it took us 5mnths.

Melbourne is a great place and theres plenty to do to keep ya entertained like the mountains the beaches the CBD and whats great is that its all close. We live in Berwick which is on the outskirts about 40mins from the CBD and its a great up and comming place 20mins from beach 15mins from the bush and mountains.

The weather is not bad at all you get a long hot summers and to be onest yeah it does get cold a bit in the winter but not for long and its nothing like the uk.

With regards the city n guilds you will need atleast 2 yrs certs so make sure you try hard to get them.

You said your husband had a interview in sept who is it with if ya dont mind me asking?

Hope this helped

Cheers jon

Hi Jon,

Thanks for the info. My OH has an interview with Woods, I remember reading that thats who you work for, am I right there ??. How long have you been there now ?

I have called City & Guilds loads of times but they don't seem look very hard until you really force them !!

Lynne x

Guest GillianM

Hi, my OH has interview 27th Sept with Woods, hope he gets job offer. Christine phoned us and was very nice. She mentioned Berwick to us, but she did say you find out a month before you move to Oz where you will work and where they will get you a rental. Berwick does sound nice. Is Woods a good firm to work for? which bodyshop do you work in? oh! by the way my OH a Vehicle Painter as well. We have SS fom Vic so just waiting on word to get meds done, then get 176 visa. Next door neighbour has a couple who are very interested in our house as well, so thats good news.

Gillian x

Gillian

Hi, my OH has interview 27th Sept with Woods, hope he gets job offer. Christine phoned us and was very nice. She mentioned Berwick to us, but she did say you find out a month before you move to Oz where you will work and where they will get you a rental. Berwick does sound nice. Is Woods a good firm to work for? which bodyshop do you work in? oh! by the way my OH a Vehicle Painter as well. We have SS fom Vic so just waiting on word to get meds done, then get 176 visa. Next door neighbour has a couple who are very interested in our house as well, so thats good news.

Gillian x

Gillian

Hiya Gillian,

Christine phoned us a few wks ago aswell, she seems really nice so fingers crossed 4 both of us. I've been looking at Berwick aswell and it looks really nice.

My OH's interview is 12th so i'll let you know how it goes.

Lynne x

Guest jonnyspunkyboy

Hi

We have been here since jan 09 and we love it here and cant wait for the summer lol.

Berwick is a great place to live but even the closest woods place is Hallam which is about 20mins away then all the rest are 35 mins 1.30 mins so make sure your O/H'S are prepared to travel im 35 mins away but its easy driving and doesnt bother me. Ill be onest with you guys to have a comfortable life in oz you OH must have a well paid job or you both must work thats if you dont wanna struggle. You will both need cars as its not like the uk where you can walk 5 mins down the road to the shops everything is more spread out !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

Also used cars are very expensive over here so for a banger and i mean a banger you will pay probably about $2500 so make sure you bring plenty of money with ya lol.

We were lucky and sold our house but you find you will spend half of that money if not more on settling in and buying new stuff etc.

Keep pushing city n guilds becuase you will need it especially if you apply for pernament residency!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope this helps,

Jon 34 Emma 33 Anya 7 Neve 5 Bump 0

Thanks Jon,

I spoke to City & Guilds again yesterday and they have told me that the 2nd search is under way now so we should have it by nxt wk (all going well !).

We dont have a house to sell as we're in rented so all we get back from that is the £1500 deposit.

Both of my children are at school so I plan on working aswell so that should make things a bit easier. I work for an airline in at the airport at the moment and have worked in travel agents so i'm hoping to get the same sort of thing there and I've looked in to it a bit and I think pays quiet well in OZ.

Well if all goes well we hope to meet you all in the new year !!

Lynne x

Guest GillianM

Hi, whats a good wage? we will have our house sale so should have a fair amount to take with us, but want to bank the money. Will rent a couple of years and then see what happens. Obviously we'll need a car and rental and bond money, and gradually furnish the house. We have thought about bringing our stuff but decided to sell mostly everything and buy over there. Was told you can hire beds etc..so probably do that and every month buy a bed and whatever else we need. Just bring our clothes as ive heard you get 40 kg each. I thought your in your summer!!! is it not Dec Jan Feb?

Gillian x

Archived