Short term rental Carrum Downs area Melbourne

Guest theturnerclan

Guest theturnerclan

Hi can anyone help.

We arrive in Melbourne on the 16th March and need somewhere to stay until we manage to secure a permanent rental (anyone any idea how long this usually takes?)

Anyway, I was recommended M2M, who have been great...but the one they have is full and the others are a bit out of our price range.

any advice greatly appreciated :spinny:

oh before I forget - we are a family of 5 but really only need 2 bedrooms as the kids end up in ours most nights anyway.....

thanks again,

Shelley

Guest The Pom Queen

Hi Shelley

You could try the Dandenong Camp Site, the price is $964 per week. They are not very big but are ideal for a week or two.

Property:

Accommodation Type:

BIG4 Dandenong Tourist Park - BIG4 Dandenong Tourist Park, Club Card (formerly Twin Bridge Tourist Park

Holiday Unit 2 Bedroom - Holiday Unit 2 Bedroom

DateRateTotal 16/03/2009$ 134.00 $ 134.00 AUD 17/03/2009$ 134.00 $ 134.00 AUD 18/03/2009$ 134.00 $ 134.00 AUD 19/03/2009$ 134.00 $ 134.00 AUD 20/03/2009$ 147.00 $ 147.00 AUD 21/03/2009$ 147.00 $ 147.00 AUD 22/03/2009$ 134.00 $ 134.00 AUD Total$ 964.00 AUD Inclusive of GST

We have 4 rental properties on the Moving to Melbourne website which would be cheaper than staying on the campsite these are:

Seaford - 2 bedroom - $420 per week Melbourne Furnished Rental Accommodation Seaford

Monbulk - $400 per week Melbourne Furnished Rental Accommodation Dandenong Ranges

Berwick - $760 Melbourne Furnished Rental Accommodation Berwick

Mornington - $800 Melbourne Furnished Rental Accommodation Mornington Peninsula

Securing a perm rental can take quite some time due to having to wait for a property to be Open for Inspection, some properties are only open once a week for 10 minutes. The rental market is still very tight and I would estimate 3 - 4 weeks depending on the suburb you choose. Have you any ideas of where you want to live?

Kate:wubclub:

Guest theturnerclan

Hi Kate,

Thanks for the reply. You've been really helpfull. Yours is booked and the one in Seaford is for a max of 4 - as my post say's the kids all end up with us anyway...

Do you stick to the max 4 rule if not that would make it easier... we are more than happy to book for the 4 weeks... other half's job is Carrum downs and it's the schools that rule where we live, not his commute. We could just do with somewhere close for him to start with until we find a permanent rental.

thanks again,

Shelley

Guest The Pom Queen
Hi Kate,

Thanks for the reply. You've been really helpfull. Yours is booked and the one in Seaford is for a max of 4 - as my post say's the kids all end up with us anyway...

Do you stick to the max 4 rule if not that would make it easier... we are more than happy to book for the 4 weeks... other half's job is Carrum downs and it's the schools that rule where we live, not his commute. We could just do with somewhere close for him to start with until we find a permanent rental.

thanks again,

Shelley

Hi Shelley

The properties are third party properties which means I do not get a say on how much they charge or how many they sleep etc. I will drop the owner an email and check for you. Can you let me know the ages of the children either through pm or on here is fine.

Kate:wubclub:

Guest theturnerclan

Thanks Kate.

The children are 9, 7 and 5. They are all sleeping in 1 double at the rental in the uk at the mo.... and as I ssaid theny end up in ours at some point through the night... the seaford 2 bed is showing as booked for the 31st March though ?

cheers

Shelley

Guest The Pom Queen
Thanks Kate.

The children are 9, 7 and 5. They are all sleeping in 1 double at the rental in the uk at the mo.... and as I ssaid theny end up in ours at some point through the night... the seaford 2 bed is showing as booked for the 31st March though ?

cheers

Shelley

Hi Shelley

Have Pm'd you.:smile:

Guest theturnerclan

Morning Kate

Don't think it's going to be doable - we could stay for the 12 nights but we would the have to secure something pretty quick and going on what you've said it's probably not acheivable. To much to do in the first weeks, as you said.

A contact through OH work has come back with something in Frankston South that works out at $520 a week and we can have it for 4 weeks - which going on what you have advised should be long enough to secure a 6 month rental.

Thanks again for your help.

Shelley

Guest The Pom Queen

Shelley

This is great news and one less weight off your shoulders!!!!!

In regards to 6 month rentals you may need to go with a 12 month rental as 97% of the market are 12 month tenancies

Guest theturnerclan

Thanks Kate, it is....

Just need to book the car hire and the shippers and then everything should be done.

Thank you for your support - I really appreciate it.

Shelley:hug:

Shelley

This is great news and one less weight off your shoulders!!!!!

In regards to 6 month rentals you may need to go with a 12 month rental as 97% of the market are 12 month tenancies

Guest The Pom Queen

Shelley

Anytime:wubclub:

In regards to car rental are you wanting to pick up from the airport if you are let me know as I have a very good contact there and can usually help save a few hundred dollars.

Kate

Guest theturnerclan

hi,

We are staying at the holiday inn for the first night and then we've gone with rent a bomb (or will be when they get back to us!!) its a late flight and from experience of the last time we flew into Brisbane we just need to get the kids into bed!!

It will be easier travelling down to Frankston the next morning.

thanks,

Shelley

Archived