178 vacant jobs and not on the flammin list!!!!

kellyjamie

just looked at seek and searched for childcare work in Brisbane, there was 178 vacancies, most asking for level3 or above qualified and saying they are desperate for staff, THATS ME!!!!!! but its not on the bloody list god how frustrating is that honestly i could scream:arghh:

come on DIAC pull your finger out and add me to your list plz:hug:

Guest Marie & David

hi

what childcare are you in, I am a childminder and a very good one, if only my job was on the list I would have been there a year ago, but we are having to use my husbands job and it is so slow.

Marie

Guest Marie & David

childcare is on the shortage list but as a manager, they don't see childminders (who manage thier own business) the sme way as nursury managers.

Marie

• 2 weeks later...

Don't be fooled by the ads on SEEK - we recruit in this sector and due to government initiatives there are increasing numbers of qualified candidates. Currently at the Gold Coast there is an over supply of qualified child care workers.

If you have the equivilent of a Diploma in Childrens Services - sponsorships are on offer from time-to-time. They are currently not on offer in Brisbane or the Gold Coast.

The closure of the ABC Centres has meant a supply of qualified experienced candidates has entered the market.

The idea of sponsorship is new to the child care sector and some are reluctant to employ candidates who they can only interview via video link.

Centres in more regional locations are more open to sponsoring a suitably qualified candidate and as I mentioned previously from time-to-time we do have centres that will sponsor. We have also had centres in Sydney who will consider sponsorship.

However - we would strongly recommend that if you are looking at a sponsorship option you obtain advice on a pathway to PR. We suggest our candidates obtain advice from a MARA registered agent. If they don't have their own agent we can refer them to our own in-house MARA agent.

Currently we do not have any sponsorships on offer in this sector. We wanted to see the impact of the closure of the ABC centres and other chains of childcare centres here in Australia. As a 457 employee if there was a reduction in jobs at a centre you will always be the first to be retrenched.

Also as most candidates have partners - we want to make sure that they will be able to find employment too.

If we have any sponsorship opportunities coming up - I will post them on here as well as on our website.

Archived