How much to ship your belongings back to the uk?

Guest crystalrose

Guest crystalrose

Hi Guys

Just wondered if anyone who has returned to the UK has sent a container back and how much it costs?? we don't have a full container coming over from the UK and it only cost us with insurance around £2000, but we are worried if we have to return to the UK how much it is going to cost. Also if it is really expensive to ship a car back from here?

We are on a 457 and with the recession starting to kick in out here you never know so financially need to think ahead.

Thank you for taking the time to read my thread I totally appreciate any helpful advice you have:yes:

• 3 weeks later...
Guest tim_the_taf

we just moved back, and shipped 101 boxes/ items (furniture, bikes etc.) for ca. $6k, fully insured. Took 8 wks from Fremantle, door to door. I looked into cars, but have lost the quote (sorry !), and they're so cheap back home now, its not worth it.

Guest Missing Tesco
we just moved back, and shipped 101 boxes/ items (furniture, bikes etc.) for ca. $6k, fully insured. Took 8 wks from Fremantle, door to door. I looked into cars, but have lost the quote (sorry !), and they're so cheap back home now, its not worth it.

what was the name of the company?

Bunnings?

Guest crystalrose

Hi Thank you, funny enough after putting this post on the company in the UK gave me the details for the Key Bros as that is where my container will be heading. They have given me a very reasonable price to return it it the UK.

Are you glad to be back in the UK? Do you miss Australia at all?

Guest Kate Edwards

Hi,

Dont mean to sound rude, but I have been in Aus for 8 weeks (husband been here 6 months) and to be honest the state the UK is in is far far worse than Aus will ever be. How long have you been here? Your caption says missing the UK!? I think if you have the thoughtas like finding out how much your things are gonna cost to get home you wont get over the home sickness! Like I say I dont know how long you been here but from friends and family that have moved from one country to another you need to give it at least 18-24 months! Do you have jobs here? Alot of well paid friends in UK have lost their jobs and have been out of work since Christmas, major firms are closing or halting production until things pick up - it really is a mess at the moment.

What about thinking of moving from one area of Aus to another?!

Hope not depressed you even more and hope you decide to stick with Aus!

K x

Guest tim_the_taf

We were happy with Key Bros, best quote we had and generally did a good job. They were very helpful, which makes a difference when you are trusting someone to ship your goods half way across the world. My only (minor) gripe is that their box labelling was a bit wierd which made unpacking more complicated than it should have been. And their UK partner wasn't too helpful. But their side of things worked well and we were able to track our container online.

In some ways glad to be back - good to see the folks again, nice to have an infrastructure that works as expected (even if not always for the better !), cheap broadband and phone calls makes life easier, etc. etc. Miss the beach and friends in Oz of course. The recession in the UK is grim, but I couldn't get any meaningful work in Oz , so doesn't make much difference to me. Out of work in one country is not much different to being out of work in another. The good side is that things are a lot cheaper in the UK now, especially cars and houses. Just wish the TV had improved, still the same old crappy reality shows ! :spinny:

Hi Thank you, funny enough after putting this post on the company in the UK gave me the details for the Key Bros as that is where my container will be heading. They have given me a very reasonable price to return it it the UK.

• 11 months later...
Hi Guys

Just wondered if anyone who has returned to the UK has sent a container back and how much it costs?? we don't have a full container coming over from the UK and it only cost us with insurance around £2000, but we are worried if we have to return to the UK how much it is going to cost. Also if it is really expensive to ship a car back from here?

We are on a 457 and with the recession starting to kick in out here you never know so financially need to think ahead.

Thank you for taking the time to read my thread I totally appreciate any helpful advice you have:yes:

Recession interest are going up , stop with the pussy footing and say you want to go back , is it the tescos syndrome

Guest jeffandpat

do u have website for key bros as i dont seem to be able to find it

thanks

jeff

• 7 months later...

hi guys,

i've just returned from Sydney to London and used Chess International Movers (the chap I dealt with is called John Peterson and his number is 02 9671 8427.

I moved 31 items (sofas, armchairs, dining tables and chairs, entertainment unit, buffet unit, huge double door fridge and loads of boxes) and it cost $2400 from the house in Sydney to location in London. I packed everything myself which did save a lot.

Anyway, give him a buzz, he's a really friendly guy and made the whole process really easy.

Their website is chessmoving.com.au

cheers,

marney

Archived