RAF to RAAF anyone else doing it??

mornachew

Guest lsaywell21@hotmail.co.uk

hi there,u says u got 40 more sleeps to go,till u go,is tht till ur movin to oz?were ru goin to?we only have 4odays to go till we go,(2nd april we fly)

u may b on same flight as us,unless this wasnt posted on here today(thurs)

• 4 months later...
Guest Jose
Hi Mornachew, I have just received my posting to the RAAF. I am due to fly out with my family on the 2nd April to Darwin. It's not too bad a process. All in it has taken me about 1 year. I initially made contact with the Lateral Recruitment in Feb 2008 and had medicals in Dec 2008. Visa turned up on 13th January 2009 and we are due to enlist on the 2nd April before flying to Singapore. The Lateral Recruitment satff are very helpful and friendly and once you have received your visa then the staff in London are good too. We have the removals men in to pack on 9th March, they do it all so no hassle for me. They give you a 40ft shipping container to jam all your stuff in. I have been chucking loads though. Also, if you have anything newer than 12 months they like to see a receipt. Good luck with the process and if you have any questions then just ask. I think I can remember most of it. What trade are you? and do you have a base/location in mind?

Steve:smile:

hi to everybody this is my first time in this forum,

im doing my medical, i would like to know what happen after that, if somebody knows please tell me all the process step by step

thanks

Guest Impatient

That is interesting as the RAAF claims it is not recruiting laterally at the moment, neither is the RNZAF.

To answer your question, please let us know a few more details about your application. If you are having a medical, surely you have already spoken with the recruiting people?

That is interesting as the RAAF claims it is not recruiting laterally at the moment, neither is the RNZAF.

To answer your question, please let us know a few more details about your application. If you are having a medical, surely you have already spoken with the recruiting people?

I take it that is to Jose.

I am also interested!! As Tanya told me they are not recruiting for about 3 years!!

Guest hugocannon
hi to everybody this is my first time in this forum,

im doing my medical, i would like to know what happen after that, if somebody knows please tell me all the process step by step

thanks

Hi Jose

Have you done your RAF medical and is it the visa medical you are doing now? I am joining the RAAF hopefully in January just waiting on labour agreement so we can send off visa application and get medicals done. Have already sent off police checks. Are you an armourer, as i understand there are a couple us us joining RAAF.

Speak soon.

"H"

Archived