Starting out - need advice - shall we retrain?!

Guest Miss M123

Guest Miss M123

I've not visited this website for a few months, but decided to pick it back up again. Myself & my boyfriend would like to look into migrating to Perth (or surrounds) if possible, but we don't have actual trades - both work in an Insurance Company & are aged 28 & 31 and have worked for the co for approx 10 yrs each. We're not sure if we should try & change jobs/do an evening course etc to try & learn a new trade/career (as this might help) but are not sure where to start. Does anyone know if Migration Agents can help with this sort of thing (and if so, any good ones) or are you supposed to know exactly what you want to do before approaching them?

There is so much to think about, but we don't know where to get the info from!!

Would appreciate any info/help.

thanks very much

Hello Miss M123,

I'd suggest talking to a few agents and seeing what they say. A good agent should be able to identify a long term pathway for you if you don't have one available currently. As you are relatively young you have time on your side.

Guest ozmadman

Retrain,retrain,retrain!!! God, wish I had that opportunity!! Hindsight is a wonderful thing but that won't get me into OZ, believe me you may regret it if you don't. Almost certainly missed my opportunity but not giving up just yet but @ 55 most, if not all doors are already shut!! Go for it even if it takes you a few years, time moves on quickly before you know it you will be there.

Best wishes in whatever you decide

I've not visited this website for a few months, but decided to pick it back up again. Myself & my boyfriend would like to look into migrating to Perth (or surrounds) if possible, but we don't have actual trades - both work in an Insurance Company & are aged 28 & 31 and have worked for the co for approx 10 yrs each. We're not sure if we should try & change jobs/do an evening course etc to try & learn a new trade/career (as this might help) but are not sure where to start. Does anyone know if Migration Agents can help with this sort of thing (and if so, any good ones) or are you supposed to know exactly what you want to do before approaching them?

There is so much to think about, but we don't know where to get the info from!!

Would appreciate any info/help.

thanks very much

Best of luck in whatever you decide to do

Tania X:wubclub:

You need to consider to retrain. In order to provide advice in the insurance industry you need to be recertified as a Financial Planner. If you need a contact check the Financial Service Providers on our website below: Perth migrant support

we are in the same boat as you,we desperately want to emigrate but with no recognised trades behind us(i work in export removals,OH is a ward clerk)we either have to retrain here,which having been told it will take a few years at least,or can go to Oz now on a student visa(which is really expensive!)We spoke to Owen at OE migration who was really helpful.

Good luck

Archived