how to make contact with recent female Poms in Sydney

Guest Jen Higley

Guest Jen Higley

:idea:Hi everyone

My 27 yearold daughter has just gone to Sydney on a year's working visa - totally all by herself. Things are only moviing slowly and there have been a few unexpected glitches. She needs to meet up with people in a similar position and network/keep each other positive/social etc.

How should she go about this?

Concerned Mum!

Guest Jen Higley

Thaks so much - this has been really helpful - they have a Welcome to Sydney events once a fortnight to which any newcomer can go - ab brilliant - thanks so much for taking the trouble to help and reply. My daughter will be going to the next meeting. thanks again

Jenxx

Guest mel1970

Hi everyone,

We moved to Northern Beaches about 18 months ago with our 3 little ones Joe 8, Ellie 5 and Mackie 2, Ive been working so havent had chance to make many friends, I became another victim of the economy this week and lost my job so I would love to meet other mums in the Brookvale area with kids that would like to meet up for coffee, picnics etc - cheers Mel

Guest Jen Higley

Joeltah - thanks so much for thinking and replying. Will pass your message onto my daughter. do hope you have made lots of friends there?

Best wishes

Jen

Guest nareyclan
Hi everyone,

We moved to Northern Beaches about 18 months ago with our 3 little ones Joe 8, Ellie 5 and Mackie 2, Ive been working so havent had chance to make many friends, I became another victim of the economy this week and lost my job so I would love to meet other mums in the Brookvale area with kids that would like to meet up for coffee, picnics etc - cheers Mel

Hi Mel, we have been here 4 weeks almost now. I dont live in brookdale but would love to meet up with other mums who have pre schoolers. I have a 10 and 3 yr old. The littlest one is desperate for playmates, and I could be persuaded to go for coffee if you fancy it. I have a car and gps so could meet you half way!!?

I moved to Sydney in October with my boyfiend i'm 25. I have met up with a few girls on here since being here. We have a group on facebook, if she is on facebook tell her to join the group its called something like poms in oz sydney new arrivals. I have made a few friends mainly through here and work it can be tough so tell her to get in touch - im always up for a girly night out

Joeltah - thanks so much for thinking and replying. Will pass your message onto my daughter. do hope you have made lots of friends there?

Best wishes

Jen

Hi Jen

No! I'm a typical "Billy No Mates" in Oz also.....................however, a little bit older and wiser so more able to cope with it I think than the younger ones! I have made plenty of Friends at work which is good but it's going out socially, drinks or just coffee that I miss! Hope your Daughters situation has improved?

Take care

Archived