Are there any roofing jobs in oz ?

Guest jane35

:hug:Hello to all.... just wondering if any one knows about the roofing job scene in the northern territory ???? any info would gladly appreciated thanks...

• 2 weeks later...

hi to all just thought id bump this back up.... has any one got any info please.... there seems to be plenty work on the job sites ive been on... but yet to hear from any one in this line of work ??

Thanks for your post.... here back in England he is what they call an Industrial Roofer, over in OZ i think its called Metal Sheet roofing... so we are hoping that there will be work there for him, only i read a post, here on PIO that they make up the jobs in OZ well i think it was only 1 certain job site, so with out being over there we dont really know much.... thanks again.

Yes...when houses are built they need houses....but so many just seem to have tin roofs....dont know if your husband is OK with them.

Guest earlswood
Thanks for your post.... here back in England he is what they call an Industrial Roofer, over in OZ i think its called Metal Sheet roofing... so we are hoping that there will be work there for him, only i read a post, here on PIO that they make up the jobs in OZ well i think it was only 1 certain job site, so with out being over there we dont really know much.... thanks again.

Plenty of work in Oz for that type of roofer...good luck..

Guest gillydk

Hi Jane,

I am also a industrial roofer here in the UK and will be moving to OZ when my visa comes through.The trade over there is a roof plumber and i have been in contact with various companies and all have informed me that there is plenty of work for experienced roofers, although none were willing to offer sponsorship due to the cost and all the paperwork.

There also seems to be more work around the perth area than in the other states.

I think its best to wait until your visa has been granted then make contact with as many companies as you can find on the web,then you will have a better idea of where to settle, where the most work is available.

I hope i`ve helped a little,:wink:

Archived