ANMC registration

mr luvpants

Guest smogmonster

Id find that very bizarre, surely to work as a nurse regardless of visa type you'd need to have a skills assessment?

Guest benedict1
I have read something on another forum that said that you dont have to get your skills assessed for a 176 visa. Is this true? I dont hink it is to be honest? its too late to phone a migration expert!

JOHN

You could ring/email the ANMC and ask them direct.

Guest JoanneHattersley

You must have a skills assessment in order to work as a nurse. You have ti be checked out by the ANMC and then registered with your state that you plan to work in

Id find that very bizarre, surely to work as a nurse regardless of visa type you'd need to have a skills assessment?

Thats funny Smogmonster because a poster on another forum with the same name as you posted this answer to the same question , which inidentally is why I posted this question. LOL:

"No, if youre going on a sponsored visa, then you presumably have a job with a health board, and therefore have been assessed by the relevant state nursing council - thats all you need to apply for your visa. The ANMC (this is where i was confused) does nothing other than assess the nursing skills/education/etc of anyone who applies to it. If youre from the UK/US/Ireland and Canada/RSA depending on a few factors it isnt required. As suggested by Grayling its an unecessary and quite expensive way of not achieving much..."

JOHN

Archived