W.A state sponsored visa

Chapz74

Hi, Me and My wife are looking looking to relocate with our 3 children to perth after falling in love with the place after going their for our honeymoon, how do i go about getting a W.A state sponsored visa, i'm an Electrician and my wifes a Pre-school teacher. anyone also got an recommendations on agents to use and what sort of cost for the whole application process.

Cheers Ray

Guest Gollywobbler
Hi, Me and My wife are looking looking to relocate with our 3 children to perth after falling in love with the place after going their for our honeymoon, how do i go about getting a W.A state sponsored visa, i'm an Electrician and my wifes a Pre-school teacher. anyone also got an recommendations on agents to use and what sort of cost for the whole application process.

Cheers Ray

Hello Ray

Welcome to Poms in Oz.

I have moved your post into a new thread because quite a few of our members have applied for WA sponsorship so the title will attract attention in its own thread.

Lots of Agents are repeatedly recommended on here. If you ring round the ones whose names come up regularly yuo should not go far wrong. Agents in Oz do not have to add GST (same as VAT) to their fees if they advise an overseas client. In general they all tend to try to charge around £2,000 - £2,500 + VAT. If you start to hear £3,000 plus I would start walking away. Plenty of others will do it for less.

Stick with the Agents offering fixed-price fees. Don't give any of them an open cheque because you are likely to regret it if you do.

Good Agents do not charge for an initial chat on the phone for 15 minutes or so. They can cover an enormous amount of ground with you in that time and it is a good way to get started because the Agent will give you a brief description of your likely options, which saves you an enormous amount of time.

Ring up six different firms at least because they are all vying for your custom, so don't be pushed intot hiring the first one you speak with. Don't trust the "free on-line assessments" on their websites either. They are usually not accurate and they are just gimmicks designed to get your personal contact details from you.

Migration agency is a grubby, scruffy little industry. Some of the agents are excellent, - competent, efficient, knowledgeable etc. Others are charlatans, sharks and ex used car salesmen. Hence the importance of being careful about whom you choose. MARA registration does not guarantee honesty or competence either, so don't take too much notice of that.

Read the DIAC website yourself, too. It is amazing how agents do not want their clients reading the official, free story provided by the Australian Government for your convenience and use:

A-Z Occupations List - Australian Skills Recognition Information

Workers - Visas & Immigration

Information Booklets - Applications & Forms - Visas & Immigration

You might find that you can understand the DIAC webste easily by yourself. If so then you may not need to use an Agent at all. Do NOT listen to any rubbish about how using an Agent can give you some sort of leg up because it can't and DIAC go out of their way to assure people of the truth about this one. DIAC treat all comers equally, agent-represented or not and they are very strict about this indeed.

Best wishes

Gill

my agent lodged my state sponsored 176 visa application 18/01/09 am i right in thinking diac will be processing these visas for the 13th feb

Guest Gollywobbler
my agent lodged my state sponsored 176 visa application 18/01/09 am i right in thinking diac will be processing these visas for the 13th feb

Hi Jim

Should be. Please send a completely blank e-mail to aspc.processing@immi.gov.au No need for a header or any text because nobody will read it. It will generate an auto-reply. The e-mail defo says that all State Sponsored applications will be allocated to COs by 13th Feb.

Which does not mean that the CO will necessarily make contact immediately. Just keep an eye on the forums and see what others are saying about their own applications. People whose applications were lodged in early Dec are beginning to hear from COs.

Best wishes

Gill

Hi Jim

Should be. Please send a completely blank e-mail to aspc.processing@immi.gov.au No need for a header or any text because nobody will read it. It will generate an auto-reply. The e-mail defo says that all State Sponsored applications will be allocated to COs by 13th Feb.

Which does not mean that the CO will necessarily make contact immediately. Just keep an eye on the forums and see what others are saying about their own applications. People whose applications were lodged in early Dec are beginning to hear from COs.

Best wishes

Gill

Hi Gill

We lodged ours on 26 November and are still waiting to hear from a CO, but hoping it won't be too long now. Think it's definitely a good idea to keep an eye on the forums, cos it gives us a feel for how things are moving and we're finding it really useful wehen people post to say they've got a CO or visa grant.

Denise x

Archived