Cars - Where to buy near Ringwood - Melbourne

Guest gary12

Hi

Does anyone know of any good second hand car dealers near Ringwood? We went to the big 'supermarket' in Ringwood yesterday and wanted to weep. The cars are so expensive. We had heard that they would be but even so it was a shock.:shocked: Maybe we need to lower our expectations. We have a budget of upto $15k.

thanks

Michelle

Guest cheshire lass

was that carcity you went too? My son bought a nice car online from tradingpost also look at carsonline.com.au there is autoweb too on the net. might be worth a look than traipsing round. Don't know of any caryards personally in melb as we usually buy here in Geelong. There is a big Auction place on Melb Rd but can't remember its name

Guest itskaren
Hi

Does anyone know of any good second hand car dealers near Ringwood? We went to the big 'supermarket' in Ringwood yesterday and wanted to weep. The cars are so expensive. We had heard that they would be but even so it was a shock.:shocked: Maybe we need to lower our expectations. We have a budget of upto $15k.

thanks

Michelle

We found the same problem when we arrived. Second hand cars appear so expensive. To be honest I think EVERYTHING is here except petrol and utilities. Everything else is more expensive than the UK (in my opinion).:confused:

Thanks both.

We found one today at the Nissan garage. Seems it is much better to go to a main dealer, we got $3k off the price plus the cost of getting it OTR.

I agree, everything here is of a similar price to the UK, obviously I'm sure that if you shop around you get things cheaper but when you need to get it done and done quick you want to get everything easily from one place.

I had forgotten how expensive it is to restock the kitchen larder from scratch. We haven't shipped much form the Uk, even so , it left us on the 9th Dec and is due to arrive 13 Feb, remember when packing cases things like beach towels which I didn't so I have had to buy them. Knifes, god they are expensive for a set! Wish I had packed my old Uk ones.

best wishes

Michelle

Guest Toorak Trev
Hi

thanks

Michelle

For $15k you should be getting a 3 to 5 year nicely presented family saloon. You could also be close too getting a good deal on a new small car. Do not take the advertised prices as market value - have a look through the various car websites ie red book or through Carsales.com.au

Car dealers are bleeding from arteries at the moment so if they have not a good offer move too next. Work out which car you want before hand including all extras like full tank of gas, mats, tints, tow bars etc. then start low (30% - and yes its not being cheeky its being realistic to what the cars are worth at the moment).

Guest slipshot

As an idea, we just paid 9975 for a Falcon wagon, 202,000km but the best condition of all the ones I saw, 2003 model year, and included a 3 month warranty from a Ford dealer. Reduced in the end from 12,990, whihc was probabaly too much but this had the highest mileage but the very best condition so went for it. Will do us until we get work sorted then we'll shop it in for something newer...

Guest Andy Thomas
Hi

thanks

Michelle

Hi Michelle

Have a look at the links below in my signature. (also use the carfinder tab in the accommodation site) We are saving people $1000's on new and used cars and $15k is a good budget. Plenty of migrants have that kind of budget when they come over and in the past we have been able to supply cars for that price that would have cost $18k with a dealer, or whatever youve seen with a dealer for $15k would cost you far less with us.

Glad to help, Andy

Archived