Take Home pay

Guest Kursha

I have been told that i will be earning $50,000 per year as a gradute nurse. Can anyone tell me how much take home pay I will get per week? I am starting to wonder if its going to be enough to live on!!!

Thanks.

Guest PommieLady
I have been told that i will be earning $50,000 per year as a gradute nurse. Can anyone tell me how much take home pay I will get per week? I am starting to wonder if its going to be enough to live on!!!

Its more complicated than that. Its nearing the end of the tax year so if you are able to salary sacrifice then you could have the years tax free allowance in the pays before July. Also your tax will vary depending on your circumstances. Plus if you are working shift work you should get allowances for unsocial hours, weekends etc. Also where you live can effect your outgoing costs. Also some jobs provide cheap or free accommodation etc.

For instance if you have no children, are going to work country and have some 'free' or subsidised perks and due to the environment have little out goings you will probably be able to save money.

However if you are going to live in the centre of say Sydney and have no perks or shift allowance you could struggle.

I would suggest seeing if you can have a chat with prospective colleagues who are in a similar situation to yourself, they will be the best people to answer your questions.

:wubclub:

Archived