Snapper virgin no more!

Guest Guest9973

Guest Guest9973

WooooooHooooooo!!!!

Caught my first ever Snapper today - thanks to a poster on here who I'll call my Aussie Fishing Buddy or AFB for short.

Through a local fishing forum AFB has given me tips/advice and encouragement - amongst quite a few other on there.

So AFB thought it was time to take my new boat out and go for Snapper.

A very early and dark start - no idea where we went! But it was a loooong way out!

I must admit I was a little nervous as there was a bit of swell out there ( nothing to you long term fishos I know) - that + pitch black for the first time was quite unsettling.AFB was driving the boat,I was just not confident in those conditions(waves coming over the boat!) + I wanted to see what AFB's opinion of the boat was. Glad to say he was pleased with her!!

BUT as daylight broke we stopped as we saw some likely images on the fishfinder.

In no time I was "on" - not a massive one by the pics I've seen on the forums, AFB giving plenty of encouragement and advice.

So in no time there was my first Snapper!!!

Must admit I came out with a few choice ,celebratory swear words :biglaugh:

AFB then hit one of the same size.

I was really pumped now and had Snapper lust plus the sea was calming somewhat.

Well to cut a long story short they were it for the day,had a good few more bites but no takers.

AFB was constantly giving tips and certainly showed me stuff I'd not read about or would have thought of myself.

I very openly would like to thank AFB for taking me out and arranging that first Snapper.

I'll never forget today,stuff dreams are made of for me - and why I moved here from the UK.

The whole day felt like a "Hunting expedition"

Great to see what the boat can do and get the seal of approval from an experienced fisho!

A small and average day out for some but my first!

Never saw any big /bitey things.

I only got 2 hours sleep last night but I can't feel tired at all - perhaps the adrenalin will wear off later this week icon_lol

What's for tea?Huh?............................. SNAPPER!!!!!

Snap1.jpg

Guest earlswood

Hey stop doing that old fishermans trick and holding them out with your arms towards the camera to make them look bigger:biglaugh:

Great looking fish Russel, well done - I don't think you can call yourself a beginner anymore. No doubt going to be very tasty too!

Tim

Guest Guest9973
Hey stop doing that old fishermans trick and holding them out with your arms towards the camera to make them look bigger:biglaugh:

Bet yer do that with one of your organs as well!!!!:biglaugh:

Guest Guest9973
Nice pinkies, mate. Sarf Orstraylya has got the best snapper fishing,quality and quantity.

Cowell fishing tours Eyre Peninsula Fishing Australia

Cheers, Bobj.

Cheers Bob.

They are just moving in now, heard of some really big ones around.Just a problem pulling them out before the Whites get em!

Many a Snapper head pulled out!

I'm not keen on berlying for them - it does attract unwanted guests:arghh:

Archived