Waiting for a police certificate!

Guest lotte

Hello,

Has anyone had trouble receiving their police certificate? Me and my boyfriend sent ours together over 50 days ago. I received mine on day 27 but my boyfriend is still waiting! After 40 days he contacted the police force who were dealing with our request for them to contact Scotland Yard. He has been told he could have to wait another 14 days!

I never thought I was an impatient person before starting the whole visa process, but I definately am now!!!!

Has anyone else had to wait a long time fore theirs? (Apparently his name could be similar to someone elses which could be way it is taking longer... I'm sure everybodies names are duplicated!).

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

We had fun with ours as well. We were living in Belgium so to make things easier ( :? ) we made a trip to the UK to get all of our ID signed and the firms filled in at a local station. We sent it all off only to have it returned a few weeks later saying that we hadn't included ID (the certified copies of the ID were in the envelope with the letter saying that it wasn't there) so we contacted the phone line at Scotland Yard and got through to a very apologetic lady (yes it was an error). We sent it all back with her name on and it was going to be dealt with as a matter of urgency as we were on our way to OZ. Hubby's and son's checks came back to our OZ address no problem but apparently mine wasn't deemed as urgent as I am still waiting. It is on the system but is unlikely to be sent out until next week some time a month after the others.

There isn't a problem apparently it is just a case of bad luck as they are suddenly very busy (it would appear that mine got mislaid at some point but they aren't admitting anything). I am just taking it in as relaxed a manner as possible as at least I know that it is on the system so should arrive at some point rather than it being totally lost and me having to start again.

Keep going it should all fall right in the end, just take plenty of deep breaths.

Nicky

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Alison1967

afs

You can lodge it with the application or wait until they request it.

On the timeline website some have found that sending it before or with the visa application has speeded things up.

Alternatively some have taken longer or gone astray.

The choice is yours, I included the PCC with the visa application to save on courier fee's as the medical stuff is sent by the panel doctor.

Alison

thanks for the reply.

I wanted to get my application in before Christmas. I ended up speaking to Immigration and they said to just put a note in saying you'll send it later.

Does anyone know how long the police certificates (or medicals for that matter) are valid for? It seems like we need to apply for them in good time but don't want to do it too early so it ends up expiring before we put in our application.

Guest Alison1967

Naiad

They are both usually valid for twelve months.

So if you visa is not being fast tracked as its on the demand list you should be careful not to do it too early as you may have to repeat them, PCC's cost £10 per person but medicals are quite an expense.

Good Luck

Alison

Guest Georgina

I agree with Alison. I ended up doing the police check twice as I didn't realise they were only valid for 12 months. I timed the medical to coincide with the 2nd police check coming through. The police checks were only £10 the medical was £240 - glad I didn't have to do the medical twice!! I sent off my spouse visa application with police clearance and the doctor sent off the medical result to Australia House to (hopefully) match up with my application. (please let them match up.......) Having a tattoo cost me an extra £60, check all the small print.

Georgina

Archived