confused about changes to SRS 475 visa/ other visa options?

quinnc

Hi there

My husband and I have applied to SA SRS 475 visa. I am a policy officer, with quite a few years experience and my husband retrained last year as an Electrician (from Excavator Machine Driver). I have a degree and he has part 1 and part 2 of his electrician qualifications, allowing him to work in the UK as a domestic installer (which he has been doing for the last year).

I read a post on this site that said the occupations under the 475 visa have changed for South Australia. I since checked and my occupation has been removed. Can't believe it. I am waiting for a decision from SA immigration dept but as I submitted my application at the end of October, I am assuming I missed the deadline for the changes. Does anyone know any more about this?

I am now trying to think of other ways to emigrate. My husband and I attended an expo and thought the SRS visa was a good way to go as we like Adelaide and would be happy to locate there for min 2 years (we have a 2 year old so thought might be a good place to start).

We had considered going on a student visa so my husband could continue studying electrics but don't think we could survive on 20 hrs per week earning in our areas of work. Also, we are 31 and 40 so not eligible for working holiday visa.

I would really appreciate any help or advice anyone can give.

Thanks very much, Charlie

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi Charlie

Welcome to Poms in Oz.

SA's policy is to honour the skills list that they were using at the time when your application for State Sponsorship was submitted, so you need not worry about that bit.

You say you submitted your application for State Sponsorship at the end of October? Do you mean October or a later month? What is the cause of the on-going delay because SA normally give a decision within about a month? Have they lost your application?

Unless you know why they are taking so long about this, I would suggest that you ring them and find out what is happening. Their contact information is here:

Immigration SA :: Sponsoring Skilled and Business migrants

Best wishes

Gill

Hi Gill

Sorry, wasn't very clear. Did the online bit at the end of October, then posted everything by the end of November. Have been checking using online tracking (daily at this stage!). It says they received complete set on docs on 16/12 so just waiting for them to respond now.

Fingers crossed!

Thanks, Charlie

Archived