457 visa

Guest macas

Can anyone tell me if when on a 457 visa you are treat as equal in the work place. Has anyone got any horror stories. I have 2 offers of jobs on a 457 and i am testing the water.

Guest mateja.henigman

Hi Macas,

you are really well protected on a 457 and it's actually great news that you have sponsorship offers. By law the company that sponsors you needs to stick to certain rules and regulations as well as pay you at least minimum wage which you would not have otherwise. As well as that you can also change you employer if you find down the track that they are not the right fit for you as long as you find another sponsor before you resign from the current one.

If you need an agent feel free to check out <title>ABH Migration Consultants : Migration Solutions, Brisbane, Australia. (many companies will pay for the agent on your behalf depending on your occupation too).

Best of luck and regards,

Mateja

Congratulations!

My OH has found that he has not only been treat as an equal but as superior..... this is the guy they've brought in from Uk, he must be damned good..... I think it will depend on your profession though in fact our migration agent tried to advise against it - he talked about nurses getting stuck on night shift who cannot leave because without another sponsor your visa will be cancelled.

There are a few people on here who have had a truely bad time with a sponsor so I guess it comes down to what you do and who the sponsor is. In fact my OH also had two sponsorship offers and went for the one with a large government employer rather than the small privately owned company (offering a much higher salary and better opportunity but higher risk!)

Jules

Archived