Running out of time!?

Guest cazb

Hi, I wonder if anyone can put my mind at rest, or give me the truth regarding our chance of getting a skilled 136 visa before my OHs 45th birthday on 21st July. We are currently waiting for college details to confirm education history and then, once everything has been certified we can send off the skills assessment. How likely is it that we will get full visa application in before July and am I right in thinking that our application only has to be lodged, not passed before the dreaded birthday?

If all else fails are there other visa options which do not have the dreaded age cut off?

Or.... can a 136 an option with me as main applicant ........ I'm much (!) younger!!!

looking forward to any info that will hopefully put my mind at rest

Caroline

Guest kimdownie

Hi Caroline,

It is possible to get your application in before July, providing you do everything right for your assessments first and have your visa ready to send off as soon as you recieve your successfull skills assessment. If your OH has a skill on the MODL list the assessing authorities fast track your assessment (TRA 10 days) we used royal mails signed for service which took 8 days to arrive. Then 10 Days for the assessment and then they used standard airmail service which took another 8 days (total 36 days) and then however long it takes you to send your visa application off. It is stamped on receipt and that is classed as your official application receipt date. Unfortunatly we failed our first TRA assessment because we didnt have INDENTURES to back up my OH's apprenticeship (see other post City and GUILDs). we are now waiting to have it reviewed. So providing you have everything you need for your skills assessment to be successful YOU WILL BE FINE.

hope this puts your mind at rest

Kim

the TRA if you are using it takes about 1 month to get back, as long as the visa application is submitted before his 45th birthday say a couple of weeks before I think you should be o.kour visa application was sent 21st jan and hasnt been acknowledged yet so not sure if that is any help or not,,if you are using a agent he/she might be able to advise better..hope this helps abit gail

Guest kimdownie

Hi Caroline,

Forgive my maths I meant to say 26 days in total (sorry, I was rushing out for the school run).

We had our acknowledgement of the TRA recieving our letter within 9 days of sending it, they recieved it on the 6th Feb, they posted the assessment outcome on the 16th Feb. TRA took exactly 10 days to assess our application after they recieved it.

Kim

Guest kimdownie

Hi Lisa,

Indentures are formal certificates to prove your skills. Unfortunatly city and guilds certificates are not enough to prove that you have completed the necessary courses. If you want more details read the City and Guilds thread under the migration part of the forum (I think the original thread was by stargazer asking how long C & G take to send Certificates). If you still cant find it, let me know and i will give you more detail. (sorry I am not very technical and dont know any other way of helping you find it)

cheers, Kim

Guest jonseywife

Hi Caroline.......

We done the same thing and let things to the last minute too!!!!! :confused:

My hubby will be 45 in August but as long as your under 45 when you lodge your application, then thats fine!!!

You will be able to do it...... !!!

Get that TRA in asap, as someone said before, you will be fast tracked if your chosen trade to apply with, is on the MODL list. While your waiting for that to come back, get all your full visa application ready, so it can go off straight away.

We used an agent, because of the lack of time we had, and we are really glad we did now..... it would have taken us too long on our own!!!!

Best off luck & go for it NOW!!!! :laugh:

Thanks all for your replies. We will get everything certified and hopefully recieve one or two bits from uni's etc by end of next week ......then post asap!

Thanks again

Caroline

Archived