off to sydney

Guest ben2oz1

Guest ben2oz1

Hi everyone, happy new year to all,

Ok me wife and i are going to have a go at living in sydney, we are going to go out there on a holiday visa, stay in hostel, and then get in touch with recruitment agencies and get on job sites (seek, workingin, etc) and try to get sponsors knowing that it will better if we are physically in oz for face to face interviews etc....are we mad or has anyone else done anything like this, we are getting really really desperate to get out there and live.

We,ve been to oz twice now perth and melbourne since then (two and half years ago) we have tried and thought about various ways to get to oz, i couldnt pass the skilled assessment part which was very disheartening so this is our new plan, and we want be out there for about feb/march this year, any comments or help would be really great..two bored poms:err:

Guest WARDStoOZ

Hi and welcome to PomsinOz - it's a great site!!! Happy New Year to you both too!

Lots of Luck with the move and all of your plans... it's great to hear you have not given up and you are still planning on going to Oz!

Dan :-)

Guest WARDStoOZ

Hi! I've been thinking about your post... if you manage to find an employer willing to sponsor you then that's a great way to get to Oz as it is normally quick and you will of course have a job waiting... 457/121 visas do have more restrictions than the independent visas though.

My mum is a midwife and had an interview over the phone and got the job with 457 visa sponsorship and a great relocation package... so it can be done!

However, finding an employer to sponsor you by travelling to Australia as you have suggested may be quicker and easier for you...

Lots of Luck!!!

Guest ben2oz1

Hi thanks for that,yeh we feel in our circumstances that we stand a much better chance being over there..and our visas came through today woohoo!, very exited now..so my wife will give her notice in tommorow (which she has been achin to do for ages!), then she has to work a months notice (hope it flys by) i only have to give weeks notice, then we'll have a breather after that and then bye bye cold wet miserable britain..hello happy smiling people and sunny weather..very exited!:biggrin:

Guest WARDStoOZ
Hi thanks for that,yeh we feel in our circumstances that we stand a much better chance being over there..and our visas came through today woohoo!, very exited now..so my wife will give her notice in tommorow (which she has been achin to do for ages!), then she has to work a months notice (hope it flys by) i only have to give weeks notice, then we'll have a breather after that and then bye bye cold wet miserable britain..hello happy smiling people and sunny weather..very exited!:biggrin:

WOW!

Huge

congratulations_01a.gif

on the visa! You must be soooooo excited!!!

Lots of Luck to you both!

Hi Ben2oz1

Great news on yr visa.

Me and my partner are waiting news on our 457, had x rays 19thjan.

If all goes well we will be moving to Sydney area too., would be good to hook up and share a beer and experiences if we get the nod !

Quick update since last post.

Just recvd confirmation that my 457 visa has been APPROVED, wow its real now!

Cant believe how quick it happened.

Now to plan to leave in 4 weeks.

V Australia starts ex Sydney end of Feb09

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

good luck,

Any waiting for a firm to confirm dates for me to fly out to see them, they are going to sponsor me on a 457 visa fingers crossed.

Archived