Anyone Going to Melbourne.

NTH SHARMAN

We are hopefully going to live in Melbourne on the Mornington Peninsula when we get to Australia, some where around Mornington, Frankston or Mount Martha.

Is any one else thinking of this area, does any one already live there. Would be nice to know some more about area and people going or already there.

This is a great sight with loads of help and information and hopefully a frienship builder.

Hope for some replies.

Neil,Tracey & Hayleigh...

Guest zoe&david

Hi Guys

Myself, Hubby And 2 kids heading off to Melbourne in Summer 08 if everything goes according to plan. My In-Laws live in Melbourne and they love it. We are looking to live in or around the Suburbs of Chelsea or Aspendale. They are really well priced and close to the beach whilst being only 30 km max from the CBD. My Mother in law is always saying how beautiful the Mornington Peninsula is and visits regularly. My husband is in IT so we need to be in close distance to the CBD ortherwise we would consider it ourselves.

Guest jonseywife

http://www.travelvictoria.com.au/mornington/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frankston,_Victoria

Hiya Neil, Tracey & Hayley....... :)

Try the links above, its gives you quite a bit of info and piccies too, on the areas you mentioned. I found it really helpful, especially all the links on the Mornington one.....

We are hoping to be out in Mornington/Frankston south later this year, fingers crossed!!!!

You will probably get a few replies, as I posted a similar question a litle while ago, and got a good response. What sort of timescale are you looking to be out there - will you beat us to it I wonder?

Good luck & keep us posted

Hi Neil & Tracey,

Can't really help but we are going over next year (apparently Melbourne) but it could all change. We are going over with the ADF so i won't hold my breath.

It would be good to know any info as everyone on here seems to be going to Pirth, Brisbane or Adelaide!

Jo

Guest gail.crease

Hi

We're planning on moving to Melbourne but we both need to be near the CBD as I'm an accountant and my OH is in IT. I've heard fantastic things about Mornington and would love to live there but we don't want a long commute.

If you want to know more about Melbourne go to the Britvics website:

http://s7.invisionfree.com/BritVics.

They're a friendly bunch and I've gained a lot of information from it.

We're going to be in Melbourne in 4 weeks time on our reccie trip. Yipee...can't wait.

Regards

Gail

Guest leanneandmark

Hi Neil Tracey & Hayley

Hoping to be in melbourne summer 2008 also, not 100% sure on exact area yet. OH is in IT structured cabling management.

We have 3 kids 2 boys 8 & 4, and lil girl 18 months.

Would be great to have some ready made freinds.

Leanne, Mark, Blake, Ethan & Olivia

We're heading for Melbourne too as soon as those very nice people at DIMA give us our visas.

We went for our reccie in July 2005 and decided it was the place for us.

Hopefully we'll be there by Christmas and enjoying a Melbourne summer - not dissimilar to a UK one, just a tad warmer when it's not raining according to the rellies.

:cute:

Guest Rachel&Stu

Hello All:jiggy:

We're also Melbourne-bound, hopefully in July 2008. Great to see so many people headed out that way. Those of you that get there first, send us plenty of posts and tell us what it's really like:yes:

Rachel

Archived