Shipping Containers from Scotland -Who, How Much....

Guest mattybhoy

Guest mattybhoy

Hi there

First time user of the forum.

My wife and I are planning on moving to Brisbane by the end of this year with our wee boy. So far we have researched areas, rental prices, house prices, job availability and shipping costs for the cat!!!

However, struggling to get a good indication on costs for taking a container full of all our worldly possessions and any tips on avoiding additional costs, like cleaning etc.

As mentioned in the heading, we live in soctland, edinburgh to be exact and i am sure that will be a factor in the costs.

All and any help will be gratefully received.

Cheers

Mattybhoy

Guest Dunteaching

We are in Scotland also, but about 4 horus further North. We are using Whites who have moved us before and are excellent. About 3500 pounds for a 20ft container. They have been in the business for years so can offer you all the advice you need.

Guest yvonne & paul

hi, we are only just starting but we went to a migration show and one of the stalls we visited was PSS international removals in Surrey Tel no. 020 8686 7733. The fellow was very nice and quoted us about £3000.00 for a 3 bed house ( Alot cheaper than the 2 dogs, It would be worth putting the dogs in the wardrobe !!!) Anyway don't know anything about them but it would be a start. Good luck

Hi...we moved to brisbane from glasgow in Ocy and used Whites to be honest I could not fault them.The packed our goods for us and Unpacked when they arrived in Brisbane.We had no breakages and the staff were excellent. 20ft container cost £3033 including insurance.

Guest mattybhoy

thanks to everybody who replied and for the "heads up" re: Whites - we've been on their web site and they look good. Also very surprised at just how inexpensive it is to send our stuff to Oz. I expected it to be about 8-10k - also the fact that it is cheaper to send than sending a dog! MAD.

Mattybhoy

Archived