Sydney Help

Guest jamesterror

Guest jamesterror

Hi,

I'm currently contemplating going to Sydney in the summer holidays in the UK, as I cannot got my placement with my employer as I need to be in my first year of uni which is a pain!

I think by then I'll have enough to get flights there and have a tour round and see if it is actually the place I'd like to settle down.

I have the following questions;

1. Where are the best places to stay in Sydney, cheap, decent accomodation few a week / 10 days?
  2. Where are the best places of interest in Sydney?
  3. What is travel like to other cities, Brisbane, Peth, Melbourne etc like?
  4. Any advice? :)

Cheers,

J

1. Check out the gumtree Classifieds – Gumtree Sydney Free Classified Ads – Gumtree Sydney Online Community it's pretty good for cheapo options and for travellers

2. Perhaps buy yourself a Lonely Planet Australia as a good guide to what is on offer right across Australia if you are thinking of travelling about.

3. What is transport to other cities like? Expensive! or tedious, take your pick. There are a few trains, quite a few buses and lots of planes. Getting from anywhere to anywhere else is tedious - Syd - Mel for example is a good day's drive. Syd - Brisbane just a bit further. Syd - Perth 3 or 4 days. If you can afford the outrageously expensive air fares you can fly but that way you do miss quite a bit of the scenery.

4. Have fun and dont do anything too silly that would worry your mum (and be sure you have a way in which your mum can get in touch with you if she needs to - can you tell I am a worrying kind of mother type? Both my lads have headed off to the other side of the world at some time in their lives and I lived on tenterhooks until they got in touch!)

Archived