Migration Agents

Guest Mark

Has anybody got any advice/recommendations when using migration agents? I have already struck up a relationship with Overseas Emigration and am confident to sign to them. I just wondered what other people were up to.

Guest Katie

Hi Mark

I think I'll be using either Go Matilda or e-Migration Australia. Any comments / recommendations on them or others? I wonder how much an Agent should charge for their services? I suppose every case is different, just want to get an idea before I proceed.

Katie

Guest mark78
Hi Mark

I think I'll be using either Go Matilda or e-Migration Australia. Any comments / recommendations on them or others? I wonder how much an Agent should charge for their services? I suppose every case is different, just want to get an idea before I proceed.

Katie

I've heard good things about Go Matilda. I'm sure there are other decent places around tho, that I don't know of...

Prices sould range with the type of Visa you need. I think the norm is between about £1000 - £1500.

Personally if i was busy, and had an application which was out of the norm, so to speak, then I would hire an agent.

If I was worried about the budget and had a straight forward application, then I wouldn't bother, I'd do it myself and ask questions on forums and the like if I got stuck.

Remember that even if you use an agent, you're still resposible for getting all the paperwork and documentation into order. All they basically do is advise.

I think the fee for the agent is around £1500. Then there are the costs for all the skills tests (if relevant), medicals, Police checks, Government fees etc. I seem to remember a figure amounting to the best part of £3000.

It seems like a lot of money, I know my dad was in favour of me doing it myself, however, I tried and initially after checking out the Department of Immigration website I thought I would not be eligable. After conatacting OE and having a consultation I realised it would definatey be worth my while to use an agent. They new immidiately that I would be eligable (through a visa I didn't even see on the Department of Immigration website).

I was fairly easily convinced by them I have to say. I'm not one for filling in forms an reading loads of jargon. It seems that a large part of the agents job is to oversee your application and chase you down for required information. I think it's worth remembering that agents do this every day.

It suits me to use an agent. Saying that, all I've done so far is discuss my application with an agent over the last 9 months. I'm due to begin the application in august.

Guest Katie
I think the fee for the agent is around £1500. Then there are the costs for all the skills tests (if relevant), medicals, Police checks, Government fees etc. I seem to remember a figure amounting to the best part of £3000.

It seems like a lot of money, I know my dad was in favour of me doing it myself, however, I tried and initially after checking out the Department of Immigration website I thought I would not be eligable. After conatacting OE and having a consultation I realised it would definatey be worth my while to use an agent. They new immidiately that I would be eligable (through a visa I didn't even see on the Department of Immigration website).

I was fairly easily convinced by them I have to say. I'm not one for filling in forms an reading loads of jargon. It seems that a large part of the agents job is to oversee your application and chase you down for required information. I think it's worth remembering that agents do this every day.

It suits me to use an agent. Saying that, all I've done so far is discuss my application with an agent over the last 9 months. I'm due to begin the application in august.

Hi Mark

Thanks for the info. What are the Gov't fees? Which part of Oz are you heading for if you get the approval? Good luck with it all!! :)

Katie

Hi

We used Steven O'Neil from ISCAH Migration Consultants who are based in Perth. We have found them very professional and extremely helpful. Our visa was a bit complicated so we thought we could do with some help and time was not on my hubby's side!!

The fees were $4645 (including the DIMIA fee), also you don't have to pay it all at once.

Hope this helps someone :D

Guest mark78
Hi

We used Steven O'Neil from ISCAH Migration Consultants who are based in Perth. We have found them very professional and extremely helpful. Our visa was a bit complicated so we thought we could do with some help and time was not on my hubby's side!!

The fees were $4645 (including the DIMIA fee), also you don't have to pay it all at once.

Hope this helps someone :D

Wow, $4645 ....I know which profession I should of gone in too! 8)

Thanks Katie,

Initially we're heading to NSW as that's where most of my family are. Sydney is the top of the list because I think that is where I'm most likely to find work, but we will see how it goes.

Hope all goes well for you too!

Guest Rbecca

I'm using Concept Australia as my agent. It's costing me about £1000, paid at different points in the migration process. It's an awful lot of money on top of the skills assessment fee, DIMIA fee, medicals and police checks. They have been really good about getting exactly the right paperwork whereas I think I would have sent off some stuff with crossed fingers because of the hassle involved. It took a long time to collect the info they wanted but at least I know that it's spot on ( I hope!). The only down side has been that I they asked for documents in batches which had to be certified and so I have had to do this four times. It would have been better to get all the documentation certified in one go.

If you ring an agent they should be able to give you a free assessment about eligibilty over the phone - mine did.

Guest ironmaggi

I also heard from an agent that they have more information on what time of year to apply - basically along the lines that applications [and the fees!] will be accepted even after the quota for the year has been reached so you'll be turned down when, at a different time of year you'd have been accepted! :shock:

• 4 weeks later...

George Lombard

austimmigration.com.au

$2200 plus Dimia charges, depends on the exchange rate depends how expensive it will be.

There is a company in London called 1st contact, I got a work holiday visa through them and my brother is getting a skilled visa. They charged £1500+Vat and Dimia charges. They helped both of us out alot and are very good people (I am not advertising them). They have a website http://www.1stcontact.co.uk check it out.

There are lots around but stick to a bigger company, not a backyard place, or try and do it yourself.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest snoopy

http://www.skillclear.co.uk - central London based, free assessment and did me proud. After the assessment and a chat on the phone I booked a face to face consultation as I didn't want to give money to someone that I had never met. Very friendly, knew what they were doing and got the job done for me - recommended them to friends since then.

Archived