By Abi6635Me and my partner are applying for a skills visa. Both of us have wanted skills, my partner is the main person applying for the visa and I am going on his partner. We have been together for 6 years, we haven’t lived together and we don’t have a joint bank account. We currently live between our parents houses as we are saving to emigrate. We have evidence through photos, flight tickets, statements from friends. What is needed to ensure the visa will be granted? What else can we submit as evidence? Has anyone applied for a visa in a similar situation who could help?
Somebody with knowledge please advise. I'm a stressed out Brit living in Paris, France with my Australian Partner. We are in a de facto relationship. Been living together for over 4yrs now.
He has been offered a job in Sydney, Australia and we plan to move over there in 2 months time. 3 days ago, i applied for a tourist visa (subclass600) so that I can be with my partner while we wait for the processing of my Partner Visa. I intend to lodge the Partner Visa in the next few days offshore, here in Paris before we leave.
I understand that I wont be able to work or have rights while on this tourist visa 600. I also understand that I have to leave Australia to be granted the Partner Visa when processed.
I was told by someone on these forums that as a British citizen, it was best to go for an ETA and apply for the Partner Visa onshore. I'm afraid waiting till we get to Australia is risky and my documents will be a little dated. I have all my documents and evidence ready to apply for the Partner onshore.
Anyway, its too late now, I have already applied for the Tourist Visa 600. Have a completely messed up?
I am new here but have been a lurker for a few weeks. I am an Australian citizen who has been living in the UK with my now-husband for 15 years (i am a dual citizen). We got married last month in Queensland and have now come back to the UK. We've decided to move to Australia permanently with our two children in 2019 and I wanted to get the ball rolling with his visa.
Am i right in thinking that he applies NOW for his temp visa ... which then eventually will turn into the permanent one? I can apply for this visa now even though we won't be there for another 19 months? Our children will have citizenship via me so i won't need to do anything with them besides get their Aust passports sorted out.
If anyone else has done this, i'd love to hear from you. I understand the visas can take up to 3 years to obtain so now is a good time to start right?? Do some people wait until they're IN Australia? $7,000 is a lot of money!
Thank you for reading!
ive just completed my medical on wednesday and got an updated on emedical saying completed, on all 3 things. And on the immi website saying that "health clearance provided- no action needed".
I won't get a case officer probably for another 5 months, but was told to do my medical by a friend after 4 months of submitting my defacto visa
I'm a bit worried about the medical it says that I'm good just now until a co is assigned, but do you know if I had a serious disease that they would tell me or wait until co is assigned, like if I had hiv, and they tell me 5 months down the line that my visa is refused I'd be a bit pissed of as it's a serious disease
By Ross HopwoodHey, all. This is my first time ever writing on a forum, let's see how it goes
Just to give you a brief overview - I am a British Expat living in Dubai and have done so for the past 8 years. My partner, also British, is a permanent resident in Australia. We have been together for 3 years now surviving as a long distance couple, travelling back and forth to see each other. But it's time now that one of us makes the move, and it's going to be me moving there. I will be moving there sometime early 2018 on a working/holiday visa to start, with the hope of gathering enough evidence to submit an application for the partner visa. I've seen a lot on forums about the partner visa but never seen much of it done through the working/holiday visa. We will start off living with his Mum up until we can afford to rent or buy somewhere. I understand that I will need to be data gathering constantly to show that we in a strong, stable relationship and that I genuinely what to live there.
So, what I really need is some advice on lodging my application for the partner visa whilst I am on the working/holiday visa.... The time scale in which I need to send our application through (straight away, 6 months, 1 Year?.... What evidence we really need to be focusing on gathering.... Any temporary visas/bridging visas I can apply for to enable me to seek full-time employment.... Anything else you think I should know that can guide me in the process.
All advice is greatly received, and I look forward to hearing from some of you