Where should I fish?

Guest Propofol

Guest Propofol

I'm new to Perth, and new to fishing. Now I know that I'm asking a lot of a fisherman to tell me the best places to start fishing but perhaps one kind soul will let me in on their secret?

Thanks all.

i aint in Perth until july,was researching fishing the other day tho,it looks amazing, i just googled fishing in Perth and loadz of info came up!! good look!!

good ridence Gudgeon!!

Guest earlswood
i aint in Perth until july,was researching fishing the other day tho,it looks amazing, i just googled fishing in Perth and loadz of info came up!! good look!!

good ridence Gudgeon!!

you fish for gudgeon:biglaugh:.....try barbel or chub on the river severn or avon.

Guest earlswood

This is bait in thailand...hard to get on the hook though...

catfish.jpg

Interesting point; the mekong catfish is marketed in Australia as basa. A lot of people were caught out, thinking it was a tropical reef fish and, being cheap, bought it. Now they realise what it is and where it comes from...it hardly sells.

hi bobj why , if you don't mind me asking its huge are they not edible?

Ahh yes. The Mekong has the reputation of being a vast garbage dump.

Taken from another site:

"The Mekong river has many uses. For the people of the Mekong Delta, the river is a source of food, a place to go swimming, a place to was dishes, clothes, and themselves. The river is a floating market and a means of transportation. The river is also a bathroom, a place to throw garbage and dead animals, a place to throw anything the people no longer need or use. The river is the livelyhood of the Mekong Delta people and they're killing themselves with pollution."

I'm new to Perth, and new to fishing. Now I know that I'm asking a lot of a fisherman to tell me the best places to start fishing but perhaps one kind soul will let me in on their secret?

Thanks all.

After digressing.... Perth has some excellent sea fising but very few places for freshwater fishing. A few places in the south hold trout and redfin (Warren Area)

Fishing - Australia's South West

Cheers, Bobj.

Archived