family sponsors/ tra

Guest mark.m

hi

have been thinking of living in australia this past few years, and have just returned from a 6 week family holiday there at xmas, I started at sidney, and travelled right up to cairns, flew to ayers rock and also perth. loved the place. I am just about to send off for my tra, and this website has been very helpful.

I would like to seek some advice from you all,

my aunt and uncle who lived in oz for years have passed away, I do have cousins still living there, but dont know them very well, to ask them to sponsor my family, can someone tell me what does family sponsorship involve and would it be worthwhile getting in touch with them?

By the way, we are hoping to apply for a independent skilled visa 136, my husband is site foreman, and can do a number of trades, but he is applying as a tiler supervisor, as this is the job, he has worked the longest at, and still does currently.

Does my wife have to apply for tra separately,or does my application do the whole family?

Guest Ian&Lou

Hi Mark.M

My husband is applying for a 136MODL and this covers the whole family. If you have enough points on your own then it shouldnt be a problem. If you are low on points or it's a bit tight it might be worth getting your wife to complete one as well (as long as she is on the skills list).

Really your best bet is to talk to an agent who will know a lot more than I do about the subject. The majority of them offer a free consultation before you agre to go ahead with them.

Lou

Hi Mark

i agree with Lou if you have enough points for a 136 visa and your trade is on the MODL list (you get an extra 15 points i think for this) then you probably wont need a sponsor.

My parents are sponsoring us as hubbys job ( automotive engineer) isnt on MODL so we needed extra points for an independant visa.

Your application will certainly cover the whole family as my husbands does, i have no skills - well none that DIMIA are interested in! - but the application is in my name as its my parents. Can be very confusing, we are using an agent.

To sponsor you your cousins have to earn a certain amount a year (about $45000 i think) but its more if they have dependants of their own, I can ask my mom as i'm not really sure. Also they have to pay a bond of $5000 which they get back after 2 yrs if you havent claimed anything like unemployment benefit, again i dont really know the details of what we can and cant claim, sorry mom has all the details etc.

I think it would be nice to get in touch with your cousins as just knowing someone there would be good and their advice on Aus could be invaluable.

If you have anymore questions please just ask and i will try to find out the answers, i speak to my mom every wk so finding out shouldnt be a problem.

Good luck with it

Sam

Hi Mark

i agree with Lou if you have enough points for a 136 visa and your trade is on the MODL list (you get an extra 15 points i think for this) then you probably wont need a sponsor.

My parents are sponsoring us as hubbys job ( automotive engineer) isnt on MODL so we needed extra points for an independant visa.

Your application will certainly cover the whole family as my husbands does, i have no skills - well none that DIMIA are interested in! - but the application is in my name as its my parents. Can be very confusing, we are using an agent.

To sponsor you your cousins have to earn a certain amount a year (about $45000 i think) but its more if they have dependants of their own, I can ask my mom as i'm not really sure. Also they have to pay a bond of $5000 which they get back after 2 yrs if you havent claimed anything like unemployment benefit, again i dont really know the details of what we can and cant claim, sorry mom has all the details etc.

I think it would be nice to get in touch with your cousins as just knowing someone there would be good and their advice on Aus could be invaluable.

If you have anymore questions please just ask and i will try to find out the answers, i speak to my mom every wk so finding out shouldnt be a problem.

Good luck with it

Sam

Not quite, Sam.

Your ASSURER (not your sponsor) is the person who is required to have a minimum level of assessable income (as evidenced by tax assessment notices issued by the Australian Taxation Office for the last two income tax years), and who is required to lodge the Assurance of Support Bond/s.

The Assurer need NOT be your relative (though often is - or is the partner/spouse of the relative).

More information about the AoS requirements is here:

http://www.gomatilda.com/news/article.cfm?articleid=214

Best regards.

Hi Mark

Good luck with it

Sam

Sorry Mark,

Alan is right of course, your rellies dont have to be the AoS anyone can do that. My mom is so desperate for us to get there she has dealt with that side of things really well, without ringing every 5 minutes panicking about this form and that form (quite unusual). Although she did have a moment when the man at Centrelink told her her form from our case officer was out of date ! Agent said they dont have a time restriction on them and man doesnt know what he's talking about, hope agents right.

Good luck with TRA

Sam

Archived