calling anyone in melbourne outer southeast...

Guest c.j.houston

Guest c.j.houston

righto. have just discovered this forum thingy after moving to Oz 4 months ago from Scotland all by my little old self and without knowing a soul in the world. I'm currently living in Pakenham, mainly because I work in the sticks - I'm a vet and enjoy playing with horses and cattle too much to embrace the city lifestyle, which is a real shame as it makes it kinda hard to meet likeminded people - I'm 20something, and have decided everyone my age has upped and gone into town!! I'm pretty normal - I enjoy sports and have joined a hockey team, which has helped. I also like rock climbing and would really like to get into surfing but these are kinda 'buddy' sports, so if there's anyone out there interested drop me a line! It's an easy commute to Phillip Island from here for surfing.

Other than that, enjoy the standard things eg shopping (hello chaddy!), cinema, coffee, few drinks etc etc. Would really like to meet more people my own age particularly those in S.E 'burbs opr even Gippsland/Phillip Island. Equally if there is anyone else contemplating a move who'd like some advice, happy to help where I can. Only normal people need reply - from what I have seen of this site it seems above board but have prev. been browsing gumtree and it's a bit dodgy!

Anyways enough rambling.

Only normal people need reply .

Well thats me buggered then. :jiggy:

Welcome to Melbourne though CJ. I moved here almost 10 years ago with my family also from Scotland & its the best thing we have ever done.

You could also try the Britvics site Britvics as we have a good few members from Pakenham.

We will also be having a meet up on Saturday 17th if your interested, just waiting on final destination.

Guest The Pom Queen

Hi CJ

Welcome to PIO and to Pakenham, we have a couple of members on here from Pakenham and one of them meets regularly with other expats so I am sure she wouldn't mind you tagging along. Her username on here is Spotty Mercedes.

Where abouts are you practising, do you have your own clinic. I worked up in the city at Lort Smith but from down here the commute was killing me lol:) Still work with animals though and also run the relocation business.

Unfortunately, I am a bit to old (ok a lot to old) for the rock climbing, surfing lol but hopefully someone will come along soon who would love to join in.

Guest auds_in_oz

Hey,

Im Audrey 29 and from Glasgow. Im living in the Northcote area but, I spend a lot of time out at Chaddy!

I tried Gumtree also and learnt not to hehe. Alot and I mean a lot of bizarre people out there....

Maybe if there are a few of us in Melbs we could arrange a night out somewhere. What you all think?

x

Archived