Adelaide Recci in two weeks

Guest philomena

Guest philomena

:arghh:Two weeks today and we will be on our way to Adelaide for our recci.

We havent booked accommodation as we are not sure where to start. Any advice appreciated.

I can only go for two weeks, however Karl has a flexible ticket till the 20th Feb.

We dont know if we should just travell around and book BnB<s as we go (Karl is thinking about hostels to save costs for his 4 weeks on his own)

Or should we book a central location and visit the different subburbs from that one location. Is this possible?

please any advice would be appreciated as to where to start looking. starting to panic a little now.

Guest Guest9973
:arghh:Two weeks today and we will be on our way to Adelaide for our recci.

We havent booked accommodation as we are not sure where to start. Any advice appreciated.

I can only go for two weeks, however Karl has a flexible ticket till the 20th Feb.

We dont know if we should just travell around and book BnB<s as we go (Karl is thinking about hostels to save costs for his 4 weeks on his own)

Or should we book a central location and visit the different subburbs from that one location. Is this possible?

please any advice would be appreciated as to where to start looking. starting to panic a little now.

Hiya

You will struggle to get accommodation with such short notice I'm afraid.

It's the holiday season here + people do book months in advance.

If there are just the two of you it might be worth a go at hostels if you don't mind roughing it a little.

Sorry.

Once here you might get in at some B & B's.

Take the time to try and see all of Adelaide and the surrounding suburbs and areas - lots to choose from.

Good luck!:biggrin:

Guest dan&nikki

if theres only the two of you (not sure if you have kids) then a hostel would be cheapest....make sure you make a list of places you want to see whilst you are there. Adelaide is a lovely place (we are moving there in FEB!)

best of luck!

Guest philomena

Thanks for you comments. Just the two of us no kids. we may also look at a campervan.

Dan and Nikki have you been to Adelaide before? if so can you recommend some suburbs to look at.

We fancy somthing a bit rurral, but close enought to the coast if we fancy a dip.

I work as a nurse, so not to far from hospitals.

Hi,

Now this might sound a bit mad (sorry) but if it is just the two of you, perhaps you could buy a tent when you get over here.:wub:

I'm sure hostels/ motels/ whatever would be way more comfortable, but camping is big over here, and on the plus side you would be fully mobile and could travel reasonably light - the sites have cooking facilities / showers etc- whilst meeting heaps of nice people (you know how friendly people tend to be camping).

It is summer hols here so like the Very Wise Venerable Ol' Tyke says, places are pretty busy (and expensive!) until the kids go back after Australia Day. Mind you, I know someone who needed to find somewhere with short notice and she managed just fine! So I'm sure you'll be fine too! (Sadly that's my kind of logic!)

As for rural and near the sea and hospitals...Whyalla!! (Not near Adelaide though...)

:wubclub: LC

Guest tinbasher

[

PS. Yes please do! It's always interesting to hear what people think about our wonderful state :)

Apparently it's full of MAD COWS!! :jiggy:

Mrs TinB

PS and oh so very Lazy Cows

PPS West Beach camp site has won loads of awards and is always full especially this time of year

Guest Guest9973
[

PS. Yes please do! It's always interesting to hear what people think about our wonderful state :)

Apparently it's full of MAD COWS!! :jiggy:

Mrs TinB

PS and oh so very Lazy Cows

PPS West Beach camp site has won loads of awards and is always full especially this time of year

Hey ooop Tinny!!

How's it going???

See you are still picking our Barmy Bovine.

She's always picking on me now!

Guest tinbasher

Hey ooop Tinny!!

How's it going???

See you are still picking our Barmy Bovine.

She's always picking on me now!

It's going good thanks Tyke, holidays are always good, had lots of visitors over.

I'll sort the Mad-Cow out for you. How can she pick on you! She's a heartless barmy bovine.

Mrs TinB

I'll sort the Mad-Cow out for you. How can she pick on you! She's a heartless barmy bovine.

Mrs TinB

And who might you be, 'Tinbasher'.... if that really is your name:mask:????

If by 'heartless barmy bovine' you mean sophisticated, intelligent, super-model, then you obviously do know me and thank you. If not, then go rust yourself:tongue:!

I only pick on Tyke because I can. Tut! Oh and because he's originally from Oop north...although rumour has it he's upgraded to being a southerner (Good on ya!)

La Vache Enigmatique et un petit peu fou. Mwah dahlinks!

Guest tinbasher

Tyke will never pass over to the dark side, your kidding yourself. Whatever was all that French stuff, don't try and kid yourself that you are all sophisticated-I know better than that Mrs LC.

And back to the original thread, if you need a hostel the one in Glenelg is nice as is the one in town. I haven't stayed there but I know some people that have and they spoke highly of both places. Apparently you can get seperate rooms.

Mrs TinB

Guest Guest9973
Tyke will never pass over to the dark side, your kidding yourself. Whatever was all that French stuff, don't try and kid yourself that you are all sophisticated-I know better than that Mrs LC.

And back to the original thread, if you need a hostel the one in Glenelg is nice as is the one in town. I haven't stayed there but I know some people that have and they spoke highly of both places. Apparently you can get seperate rooms.

Mrs TinB

Me - a Suvven Munkey????

Never! For a start I speak proper English:cute: and I'm actually funny.

I live in the south yes - but the colony on New Yorkshire is thriving :hug:

Me - a Suvven Munkey????

Never! For a start I speak proper English:cute: and I'm actually funny.

Methinks thats wrong on two counts :biglaugh:

Strike a light and no mistake. For a start you don't talk proper like what me and the queen does geezer.

Pete

Guest Guest9973
Methinks thats wrong on two counts :biglaugh:

Strike a light and no mistake. For a start you don't talk proper like what me and the queen does geezer.

Pete

Ooooh dear I'm rumbled :wacko:

Archived