coming over from aberdeen

plazze

Guest WARDStoOZ

Hi there and welcome to PomsinOz - it's a great site!!!

There are a few from Aberdeen that I know of on here and a good number from Scotland... hopefully they'll be in touch soon!

Lots of Luck with the move...!

Dan :emoticon-signxmas:

Guest WARDStoOZ

mags and robert went from aberdeen ,scotsinoz , they went to brisbane though lol

Keily beat me to it lol

Dan :emoticon-signxmas:

Hi there, we moved here from Falkirk - originally English so you probably won't count us :)))

Our poor son is very confused and lists his favourite football teams as Liverpool, Falkirk, Scotland, Australia & Perth Glory!

We stay in Freo, the right side of the river for Rockingham so not too far.

Jules

Guest Mike&Fiona

Hi Gary

We are from a village just south of Aberdeen and should be moving to Melbourne in Feb 09. All very daunting now as it gets near, if I'm being honest, I'm starting to get the jitters and thinking what on earth are we doing. Visa's are in place and house is now under offer.

Guest scots-in-oz!

Thought my ears where burning! lol! Don't mind you talking about me though guys...there's nothing bad to say eh? (Don't mention hotel bedrooms Keily!! lol!)

Anyway, hello Gary! We just left Aberdeen in November, now in Brissie & loving it! We had a couple of meet ups in Aberdeen before we left, so either keep a look out on the meet-ups threads, or arrange your own! Great to talk to others in the same situation.

Mike & Fiona...which village are you from? We lived in Portlethen, anywhere neear you? Great news your house is under offer....we reckon we were dam lucky to get ours sold when we did the way the housing market went.

Good luck with everything guys, and feel free to give me a shout if I can help with anything! Oh, and enjoy your last Xmas in freezing Aberdeen....just thing this time next year you'll be planning your barbie on the beach like us!

Mags

x

Guest Mike&Fiona

It's a small world really.......we live in Newtonhill. Nice wee place which makes it harder to leave. Our house was on the market for 6 weeks, had no viewers for the first 4 weeks then on week 6 we had 5 offers in the space of 3 days. 2 offers for renting and 3 offers to buy. All the buying offers were from the same person but they were trying their luck putting in low offers but eventually accepted their 3rd. We finally accepted 5K under the asking price which in todays market is not too bad. Need a change really as both my husband and I grew up in Newtonhill and went to the local schools, know quite a few people that we went to school with who lived in Portlethen. Mags, did you grow up in Portlethen, what school did you go to?

Archived