baggage allowancw

Guest muppetbro

Guest muppetbro

right we got visas but had to enter sa to giveus window of time and do final recce

now the airlines tell us we only have 20 kg allowance cos the visa is no l onger virgin

this from singapore airlines

any help past experiences cos were gonna be living out of suitcases for 3 months before we fly - 20 kgs is unthinkable to my glamour puss wife :notworthy:

30 quid per kg excess charge so my surf gear goes into storage so im kinda in cold turkey at the moment

mart

Hiya we got a 40k allowance on our flight but were told you must be valadating visa and can only have the allowance once,if you have already had the allowance im not sure what you can do other than try and lie!! be warned the overweight charges at checkin were extortinate,hence for us a load of unpacking and another call to Crown

Cal x

Guest neil smith

Hi Cal,

How much did it cost for your removal company? and what size container did you have??

Cheers

Neil

Hiya we got a 40k allowance on our flight but were told you must be valadating visa and can only have the allowance once,if you have already had the allowance im not sure what you can do other than try and lie!! be warned the overweight charges at checkin were extortinate,hence for us a load of unpacking and another call to Crown

Cal x

Hiya cant remember exactly ,,too much sun since !!! we sent originaly 19 big boxses and i think it was around 800gbp ,on realising we had shit loads too much in cases left the extra in the hands of a capable rely who has forwarded them to us again via Crown ,they collected mid december and we should recieve approx 12th march,but i dont know how many boxes or how much for this second lot,sorry im not of more help ,,i should be blonde!!!

Cal x

Guest Mark'n'Julie

We paid about 3500 quid including insurances, for a shared container.Sounds like we had as much gear as Cal. Used Robinsons.

Hey Cal had much rain over your side of Tambourine?

Mark.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest oz migration

Hi

Normally rule of thumb for extra baggage allowance ;

- One way direct ticket (no stop overs)

- Double the normal airlines allowance

- Travelling on Non Vaildated Visa (first time travel since acceptance by DIAC)

Kind regards

Chris

Guest JoanneHattersley

We came here via the states and had 64kg each (2 bags each at 32kg each). That was without coming to validate a VISA!

Joanne

Guest JoanneHattersley
hiya Austravel gave us the option of coming via the States to get extra luggage but theres too many bombs that way on !!!!

Cal x

Ha ha ha!

Our flights were great. we had no hiccups at all. We even had over the baggage allowance., we were over by 2 `pieces of luggage`. the check in desk at heathrow tried to get the baggage on for free as we were emigrating but we ended up having to pay.

Dont live your life by `what if`s?`!!!!! You could have hassles anyway you fly!

Joanne

Guest JoanneHattersley
right we got visas but had to enter sa to giveus window of time and do final recce

now the airlines tell us we only have 20 kg allowance cos the visa is no l onger virgin

this from singapore airlines

any help past experiences cos were gonna be living out of suitcases for 3 months before we fly - 20 kgs is unthinkable to my glamour puss wife :notworthy:

30 quid per kg excess charge so my surf gear goes into storage so im kinda in cold turkey at the moment

mart

Now the airlines charge per item NOT per kilo. At least they did in 2005 from LHR when I left! As long as your `item` is not over the weight allowance then its ok. We had 2 bags each at 32kg per bag. (allowance of 64kg per person) PLUS we had another bag each, We were charged 150pounds per bag NOT per kilo.

Worth checking up on it before you have a coronary!

Joanne

Archived