Got our 176 visas!!! (Victoria sponsoring us) Strangely numb...

WeGottaGetOuttaThisPlace

Well, after a long hard slog, we have our visas granted... I thought we would be jumping up and down with excitement and on a high for days but we are basically numb... and a little terrified.

Anyone else feel like this or are we completely weird??

Dont know if it is because of the current economy - we will be putting the house on the market but there are 3 other houses same as ours for sale and have been for the last 6-8 months with hardly any interest at all. Also, the exchange rate has dropped again and we are taking our little boy with us. Our families are already not too happy about him being uprooted and moved to the other side of the planet so they are now even more worried... I think this is just putting a dampner on things when we should really be over the moon!!!

What a sadsack eh? :noxmas:

I think I am just looking for some advice from those been there/done that or going through the same thing (I know there are LOADS of us in the same boat). Sorry for being so negative!!!

Guest sanders family

Hi dont worry its normal, we got our visa in sept and leaving in july and we felt the same infact i cried, hubby was happy but not jumping up and down. I think you wait for so long and dont think it will happen a bit like a pipe dream. Then lots of doubts come flooding in you head. Stick with it, we are still not in the right frame of mind, but so much is going on in our lives at the moment, it will all work out in the end.

Enjoy christmas and the new year it will feel right. (big Hug i now how you feel):emoticon-signxmas:

Hi

I haven't got my visa yet (got a job offer) and sometimes I'm really excited and just want to get on with it all and other times I think ' OMG what am I doing' !! I don't think you would be human if you didn't have mixed emotions after all its a massive life changing venture.

Carol

Guest WARDStoOZ

Hi there! Just wanted to congratulate you on your visa and say Lots of Luck with selling the house and of course... stay postive... your dream will happen!!!

Take care,

Dan xx :emoticon-signxmas:

Guest Jo/Ray@westcliffRugby

Congratulations on getting your visa's. We were granted our visa on the 10th December this year and I was elated best Christmas gift we could have asked for this lasted for a couple of days. Relief mainly that the past six months of hard work had been successful. I agree the economic climate is having a big effect on us. My hubby is watching every morning the bbc financial news and it seems to get bleaker every time he watches it. I truly believe the hardest part of this emigrating process is still to come. We will need to sell our house and my OH will need to find a job, he works in the automotive industry which is having a really bad time at the moment. We are hoping that our trip to Oz in April will lift our spirits again and give us the drive we need to take the final plunge and move. For now we are sitting back and enjoying the fact that we have our visa and we can go it we want too now. Have a Merry Christmas and all the best for 2009.

Jo & Family

Guest The Blenkinsops

Congratulations and Merry Christmas. We got our 176 visa on 15th Dec. Flights booked, very excited but worried too. Lots to do in 7 weeks but hope it's gonna be worth it.

Congratulations and Merry Christmas. We got our 176 visa on 15th Dec. Flights booked, very excited but worried too. Lots to do in 7 weeks but hope it's gonna be worth it.

Just wanted to say congratulations on getting your visa, and good luck with sorting everything out, i'm sure you will sail through it all.

All the best for 2009

Tania X:emoticon-signxmas:

Hi Congratulations....It's all a bit real now that's all, think why you applied and how bad things are here, and getting worse.

Good luck with every thing thats to come.

Sioux X x x

Archived