what is employer sponsored visa?

Guest kkris.san

Hello Krisha,

Ther are a number of Employer Sponsored Visa's - both Tempory (SC457) and Permanent (ENS & RSMS). All the visa's in this category require that you are sponsored by an Australian Company (actually the 457 does allow for Overseas Companies to be the sponsor as well).

The first step in the process of applying for these visa's is securing a sponsor.

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi Krisha

I believe you applied for a State Sponsored subclass 176 visa some time ago? When you and I exchanged posts last week you were about to chase the HOC to check whether your medicals have been cleared? Is everything still OK with your 176 application?

Assuming that the sc 176 application is OK what some people in your position have found is that they find a job out in Oz and obviously the employer is unwilling to wait for several months whilst DIAC finish the processing and grant the sc 175 or 176 visa.

The temporary subclass 457 visa can be a good way to get the person out to Oz pretty quickly in these circumstances:

Temporary Business (Long Stay) - Standard Business Sponsorship (Subclass 457)

Sponsoring a Temporary Overseas Employee to Australia

However if you use this option do be aware that the whole family would need to leave Australia for a few days once your CO is ready to grant your 176 visa. Any of Auckland, Fiji, Singapore or Bali will do for this purpose (indeed, anwhere where there is a DIAC office will do as long as it is outside Australia.) Please do bear this in mind though because the cost of a short trip abroad has to be included in your calculations about whether the option is worth it.

Best wishes

Gill

Guest kkris.san

thanks so much SD MOA ,

& thanks a lot dear gill !

yeah all is well with my 176...and as told by you i have even sent a message to HOC regarding my medicals..i did that last friday..but till today i have no response from them...what should i do about it? write back to them or wait for some more days...

how can i apply for a job in OZ? coz wen i went through job site...it asks tht i need to have a valid visa...so how can we go abt applying for jobs??

ur reply is truly appreciated~

regards

krisha

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi Krisha

What exactly do you do and whereabouts in Oz are you headed for? I believe you do "something with computers" but I know absolutely nothing about computers.

Ignore the stuff about "must have a visa to work." Explain in the covering letter that you have applied for a visa which will give you Permanent Residency in Oz but you would need a temporary 457 visa in the meantime. A company which considers that your CV is better than the others will consider sponsoring you for a visa if need be.

Remember too that only about 25% of jobs are ever advertised. Find all the companies who would be suitable for you and send your CV to all of them. Again, explain the visa situation in a covering e-mail.

The following Agencies would be able to sponsor you for a 457 visa themselves:

Workforce Solutions

Bayside Group - Job Seekers - Working in Australia - Visa and Sponsorship

InterStaff International Recruitment

Hire A Migrant could not sponsor you themselves as far as I know but they might have a client who would be interested in doing so:

About Hire A Migrant

Jamie Smith, who runs Hire A Migrant, is not a migration agent but he is a member of the Migration Institute of Australia so he is certainly not put off by the idea that a good candidate might need a visa.

Best wishes

Gill

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi again Krisha

Do not worry about the HOC for the moment. If you do not hear back from them by the end of the week then chase them again. If you have to do that then chase them via the on-line enquiry form and also via lcu.processing@immi.gov.au

Best wishes

Gill

Archived