Medicals-Harley Street

Guest natski

Hey

I am moving to Sydney in January on a student visa and my agent has just emailed me to say i need to have medicals done this week (no one had mentioned this before!) and they have suggested I go to London and have them done at Harley Street - has anyone been there before? and knows how much it costs? Its so close to Christmas so my wallet is definitely feeling the pinch!!!

Look forward to hearing from you

Hope you all have a lovely Christmas and Good Luck for 2009 xxxx

Hey

I am moving to Sydney in January on a student visa and my agent has just emailed me to say i need to have medicals done this week (no one had mentioned this before!) and they have suggested I go to London and have them done at Harley Street - has anyone been there before? and knows how much it costs? Its so close to Christmas so my wallet is definitely feeling the pinch!!!

Look forward to hearing from you

Hope you all have a lovely Christmas and Good Luck for 2009 xxxx

hiya natski, cant say about student visa or anything to do with the procedure for it, as for meds we had ours done in manchester,(im from lpool)for 2 people they came in at just under £500, harley street screams big money to me but maybe thats a myth?anyway good luck

Guest KP Nuts

Hi there, we had our's done at Harley Street, and for a family of 5, 2 adults and 3 kids it what a grand total of £850.00 approx, it was back in February so can't remember exactly, sorry. But I can remember the x rays were £40.00 each plus VAT so £47.00 (for 5), and then the doctor's bill (for 5) and then the blood test (for 2). Then the postage to Oz £15.00 by Royal Mail.

But the good thing is you can have it all done in the one visit, (you have to go to 3 different places, but the doctors makes all the appoinments to run after each other)and it only takes 2 hours at the most.

Hope that helps.

KP Nuts

Well what a day! I telephoned what I thought to be the right Doctor in Harley street this morning and they gave me an appt for this afternoon so I drove down to London (2 1/2 hours) and arrived for them to tell me they didnt actually do visa medicals for Australia??!!! (something maybe they could of told me over the phone!) anyway i went to No 1 heath Centre which is 1 HArley Street and they were great. I told them about my problem and they sent me up the road to get my X-rays done straight away and then scheduled me in for an appt straight after that with them for my medicals. I couldnt believe it! So had it all done exceopt my blood tests which they tell me I do not need as visa is temp as going on student visa.... does anyone know if this is correct? Anyway all done and it cost me £185 for medicals and £50 for Xrays. Much cheaper than people i know who got them done locally! I do have one concern though, I suffered with an eating disorder in my teens and they have said they want a report done by my Doctor ASAP on treatment and prognosis... I thought they could tell by my weight (or over weight!) that I am fully recovered... plus we are talking 12 years ago! Has anyone had to get a report before?

Nat x

Archived