House in springfield lakes to rent

Guest northernlass

Guest northernlass

Hi basically we have to return to England and are breaking our lease. If anyone is interested in this area, it's a 4 bedroom lowset, 2 bathrooms and garden, only 5 minutes walk from the school, shops and lakes.

If anyone is inerested contact Delfin Reality on

Hi wish I could help, this is the area we are looking at but we wont be there for another 6 months or so. What is the area like, we dont have any little kids coming with us so not concerned about schools etc, just want a nice quiet area (but not too quiet) with nice restaurants, bars and shops and close enough to Brisbane so i can get to work without too much hassle.

can i ask why you are having to move back?, tell me to mind my own business if you want i wont mind, but hope its not because you dont like it and we are about to make a huge mistake. lol

Hi wish I could help, this is the area we are looking at but we wont be there for another 6 months or so. What is the area like, we dont have any little kids coming with us so not concerned about schools etc, just want a nice quiet area (but not too quiet) with nice restaurants, bars and shops and close enough to Brisbane so i can get to work without too much hassle.

can i ask why you are having to move back?, tell me to mind my own business if you want i wont mind, but hope its not because you dont like it and we are about to make a huge mistake. lol

HOW RUDE OF YOU TO ASK SUCH A PERSONAL QUESTION SHAME ON YOU but now you have i want to know too now lol

Guest northernlass

I think for a couple with no kids it would be good. There are shops,restaurants etc and what will be the biggest shopping centre in the southern hemisphere only 5 mins drive away. Brisbane is approx 30-40 mins drive away.

My big problem is I have 2 girls ages 2 and 4 and there is a distinct lack of childcare with year long waiting lists, and so I could not work and we were dipping in our savings every month.

You also hear that the cost of living is lower, but we have not found that to be the case.

Petrol is cheap, but groceries, eating out etc are on a par with uk-if not more expensive.

We were here on a 457 visa, so we get no assistance and if work dries up and they terminate your sponsorship, you have 28 days to find another sponsor or leave the country. We knew all this before we came, but obviously there has been a downturn in the job market here also since we came.

I just hope we are doing the right thing. My head says we arn't but my heart says we are. Really it's just been 1 big costly mistake for us. However we have met a couple here who like you have no kids and they love it. They have been here 2 years and say they would never go back, so don't let me put you off. Everyone's experience is different and I hope yours is all you want it to be.:emoticon-signxmas:

Hi

So sorry your dream has not worked out for you and wish you every success in the future. We are also going on a 457 visa though I didnt know about the 28 day limit for getting new sponsor. I'm a nurse and have a job with the Mater hospital in Brisbane so hopefully this will continue for some years, and we can then apply for permanant residency.

Springfield Lakes sounds lovely and we will definately be having a look when we get there, really wish we could help you out with the lease on your house. I'm a northern lass too, origionally from Sunderland, what about you.

Good luck in your move back and hope all goes well for you.

Guest northernlass

Hi we are from Rochdale although mu husband grew up in Africa. It was actually his dream to come here. I was perfectly happy where I was!

There are lots of Brits here apparently and lots to do at weekends within driving distance, although I'm guessing u will be working shifts! I was an auxiliary nurse back home and am oping to get my job back or do some bank in the meantime. Keep posting, I will be keeping an eye out to see how u are getting on.

Guest northernlass

:laughxmas:

Thanks, will keep you up to date. when do you think you will be moving back to England.

Er..tomorrow! Yipee!

Archived