like it here but do i still like home???:S

Guest Mc aka Uk Kid

Guest Mc aka Uk Kid

I been here since april and at first i wasnt really fussed about were we are and then I didnt like it and now this is my home this is my life but

what is the place ive called home for the last 17n half years??

what if when i got home in jan for two months im goin to fall in love with the dirty streest, the smelly people, the ugly faces , the crappy weather :biglaugh:

what will i feel ??

waht would u feel if u were in my shoes

or in ur own ??

:wacko:

I been here since april and at first i wasnt really fussed about were we are and then I didnt like it and now this is my home this is my life but

what is the place ive called home for the last 17n half years??

what if when i got home in jan for two months im goin to fall in love with the dirty streest, the smelly people, the ugly faces , the crappy weather :biglaugh:

what will i feel ??

waht would u feel if u were in my shoes

or in ur own ??

:wacko:

You will sure find out in January, Just keep an open and constructive mind about it!

Hi Mc aka UK Kid;

The whole idea of 'home' is an interesting one. I'm English born and bred, lived in Brisbane for nearly 10 years, and have lived back in the UK for abot the same. Now I'm trying to get back to Oz. I have duel nationality and an Australian husband, and kids born in both countries. What does that make me? Where do my loyalties lie? Who do I support in an Ashes series? Lol! It can all be pretty confusing. I genuinely feel after living in both places that I belong to both. I am English. I will never stop feeling I am English I don't think. But there is also a part of me that feels Australian too. There is absolutely nothing that says you have to love one more than the other or feel a particular way.

Hope you have a great time when you come back for a couple of months,

Deb:smilexmas:

ussies are the same state footy team but you get the normal feelng after the "holiday feeling " wears off about 6 weeks . or more . I dont miss owt from uk ( not home) apart from a pint of real ale but that is passing . Normality kicks in work ,chores recreation bed, WEEKEND. . AS a couple oh has struggled most we have a daughter 18 in uk dont want to come money drain. I have my moments but bottle em . Hard for oh she works nites mon to thurs so sun nite as a few will vouch for is rellies and friends fone nite so when she is off monday day time and i`m at work she gets the manic mondays. lol BVut we are fine and dandy as turnips can

Mally PIO

Turnip

Guest Mc aka Uk Kid

thanx to all ur resp[onses guy thatnx mabey i will one day relaise were i would like to be and yesh i havent been her long but this feels like home minus the ****ty weather lol but im here for gd to become a police man so yh i desided i think once i go home then ill deside to stay here

thanx

again to all

Mc aka Uk Kid

xx

Guest JoanneHattersley

I look at "home" as where i am now. Living in Oz, happy as a pig in muck and VERY settled. The UK is no longer home. I call it "where i was born and the place I used to live"

I spent the first 23 years of my life in England. I have now spent 39 years in Australia. I no longer feel 'English' in fact I consider myself to be an Australian but I still maintain a pride in my heritage. I have no feelings for the old country whatsoever and miss absolutely nothing, but that comes to some who have been here most of their lives.

I have friends here who have been here for over 30 years and they refuse to take out Aussie citizenship, their attitude is "I was born English and I'll die English". Good luck to them, each to his/her own and if it's what makes you happy then it's all OK. I tell them jokingly, "Jesus was born in a stable, it didn't make him a bloody horse". Just remember mate, if you want to live your dream of being a police officer you MUST take out Australian citizenship.

I Nsuppose it's all about getting used to a different lifestyle from the one you are used to, I heard this story about 'Lifestyle' a few years ago.

An English backpacker was walking through the Simpson Desert, 1000 sq ks from any civilisation. All of a sudden he came across an Aboriginal man sitting outside a humpy, roasting a Goanna over an open fire. He approached the Koori and said "Hi, Mate I'm flabergasted, it's 120 degrees, 90 percent humidity, no houses, pubs, shops, people or transport for thousands of square kilometres, no sewerage, electricity or water, thousands of ks from any form of civilisation, why do you live here"? The Koori looked at him, smiled and said "Lifestyle mate, the bloody Lifestyle'. :wink:

Archived