Buying a car (Melbourne)

iain

hi,

can anyone tell me the best place to buy a car in melbourne. cheap as possible, 2nd hand is ok but don't want to end up stung. I just need something to get to and from work, nothing fancy

Cheers in advance

iain

Guest The Pom Queen

Hi

Welcome to PIO, have you spoke with Andy Thomas he is a member on here and can help with your car purchase either 2nd hand or new.

You could also try looking at Car City at Ringwood, I have never been there so can't comment on service or quality.

Guest treesea

We bought one of our cars at auction (Midtown auto auctions, 400 City Road, South Melbourne.) They sell ex fleet cars. We got one just out of warranty, so three years old, about a third of the price it would have cost new.

For something really cheap, Pickles Auctions out on the west side, McIntyre Road, Sunshire, have a good range of cars.

We started our hunt at Car City, in Ringwood, but it's quite expensive in comparison to buying at auction.

There used to be a good car auction place called Jupps, also in the western suburbs, around Brooklyn. Not really ex fleet - more $2000 and upwards cars.

We bought one of our cars at auction (Midtown auto auctions, 400 City Road, South Melbourne.) They sell ex fleet cars. We got one just out of warranty, so three years old, about a third of the price it would have cost new.

For something really cheap, Pickles Auctions out on the west side, McIntyre Road, Sunshire, have a good range of cars.

We started our hunt at Car City, in Ringwood, but it's quite expensive in comparison to buying at auction.

There used to be a good car auction place called Jupps, also in the western suburbs, around Brooklyn. Not really ex fleet - more $2000 and upwards cars.

aww cheers Treesea! that's excellent info and very much appreciated!

:emoticon-signxmas:

Archived