A question about the final stages...

sandgrounders

We've received an email from the dept today asking for a re-scan of one of our documents that didn't attach properly to our e-application.

The message said that when they receive it, the file will then be passed onto our Case Officer who will carry out the 'final assessment'.

Does anyone know if this means that we are very close to a decision?

Is the Case Officer the 'Decision Maker' that we've read about?

Glad for any help.

Phil & Shaz

Guest ReadyPenny

Hi Guys

Having your meds requested does not necessarily mean that you are close to a decision (sorry!). I dont know about your particular visa though, so am not trying to pretend I am an expert. Just from reading other peoples posts, it seems that some wait months after meds for a decision, but as I say that is on all different types of visa.

Someone will come along soon i'm sure with experience in your 163

Mandy

We've received an email from the dept today asking for a re-scan of one of our documents that didn't attach properly to our e-application.

The message said that when they receive it, the file will then be passed onto our Case Officer who will carry out the 'final assessment'.

Does anyone know if this means that we are very close to a decision?

Is the Case Officer the 'Decision Maker' that we've read about?

Glad for any help.

Phil & Shaz

Hi

You are very close now :yesxmas: if this helps I had to supply extra info which I sent in asap. We had our visa grant about 4 weeks later. Other people have had it alot quicker - one was granted the very next day after submitting the info - so really it depends on how quick your CO gets to it. I would say, as a guess, you will probably be celebrating in a month or sooner.

Good luck x

Guest MICHAEL POOLE

If we get accepted we were thinking of taking vehicles over do you know of anyone having bad experiences getting them into the country?

Guest MICHAEL POOLE

thanks for that new to site so bare with us, sure i will figure it out soon enough, how long have you been out there and are you enjoying it, we still have our house to sell before we can come over and we have family in perth but its still seams scary.

Guest MICHAEL POOLE

hi sorry new to site not sure if i just reply to your answer or do i just do a quick meassage, sure i will sort it out, just read that you got your visa in september have you sold your house yet ?

Hi

You are very close now :yesxmas: if this helps I had to supply extra info which I sent in asap. We had our visa grant about 4 weeks later. Other people have had it alot quicker - one was granted the very next day after submitting the info - so really it depends on how quick your CO gets to it. I would say, as a guess, you will probably be celebrating in a month or sooner.

Good luck x

We'd already supplied extra info that they wanted back in October! This has been the craziest waiting game we've ever done lol.

We applied last Feb but waited until Aug to do the Meds & Police checks but I wish we'd have waited a little longer as (presuming we'll get the visa) unless our house sells, we'll have to stump up for a valadating trip before August 15.

Phil

Archived