Government fee

Guest Mummy3

We were told by our agent we'll have to pay a fee to the government. I assumed it was this one but I might be wrong. Not heard of it?

nope never heard of it , blimey hope its not all states do you have the link then ,

You're worrying me now! Just emailed agent to check if it's still the same payment (they said it depended on the exchange rate). We didn't put down any particular state. Perhaps Golly has heard of it. It's a huge amount of money!

ditto, your not wrong , it is huge amount especially when you never heard of it have pm'd pal on here to ask her, if i hear anything first ill let you know! whats it actually for do you mean as part of the visa app or payment six months after your in oz?

She just says the sixth month. We signed up with them in Sept. We've been assessed by TRA and are awaiting the result. Just looking on their website at the moment.

Guest spottymercedes

Not sure what this is all about? We have been in Vic for 7 months and have not paid anything to the government. The government is about to pay us $1000 per child as a bonus to keep the economy moving, which is great when you have 3 kids.

maybe its part of your visa payment like the next installment, i know we had about 3 ,

This is what we were emailed at the start of the process:

Fees

Cost Breakdown

The total budgeted cost for your application is broken down below and is an approximate costing:

********* (company) Fee Options

= £1,300 +Vat an initial fee of £254.60 required, then equal amounts over 5 monthly instalments.

Skills Assessment = £850 (Depending on exchange rate) Not payable unitll 4th month

Aus Govt fee = £1000 (Depending on exchange rate) Not payable until 6th month

Not payable until end of application

Medicals = £150 per adult / £100 per child (at the end of process)

Police checks = £25 each (at the end of process)

Guest spottymercedes
This is what we were emailed at the start of the process:

Fees

Cost Breakdown

The total budgeted cost for your application is broken down below and is an approximate costing:

********* (company) Fee Options

= £1,300 +Vat an initial fee of £254.60 required, then equal amounts over 5 monthly instalments.

Skills Assessment = £850 (Depending on exchange rate) Not payable unitll 4th month

Aus Govt fee = £1000 (Depending on exchange rate) Not payable until 6th month

Not payable until end of application

Medicals = £150 per adult / £100 per child (at the end of process)

Police checks = £25 each (at the end of process)

It seems to be part of your visa application fee. I don't remember getting a breakdown like this with ours, although it seems so long ago now that I probably wouldn't remember. We paid our invoice up front as we had the cash from a car we had sold and didn't want to risk spending it!!

Archived