Jump to content

Exchanging UK Licenses


Recommended Posts



I have seen there is quite a few posts regarding licenses but couldnt find any on allowances.

I have spent quite a few years doing extra tests so as I can drive a LGV, Minibus, Motorbike. What I would like to know is, when I eventually get to OZ can I exchange all the allowances on my UK license for an OZ equivilent?


Thanks for you help!


Link to comment
Share on other sites

You would need to check with where you are going in Aus as all states have different rules. In Victoria for example you can swap car and I think motorbike but most others you have to take the test again. In fact I have heared of people having to do the car test as well as the others again.


Have a look on here which links to all the individual state's roads authorities which should have the info on here.


Apply for a Driver's Licence

Link to comment
Share on other sites


This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Create New...