Medical Conditions

Guest Mike C

With all these questions on medical conditions:

if a person has a medical condition but does not inform the panel doctor, what is the likelyhood of it being detected?

Just as a matter of interest.

hmmmm...........................

I think that would depend on the condition, but not a good idea to omit information, if you get referred to the panel Doc for any reason it will go very badly for you I would imagine.

You have to complete a form which asks all sorts of questions, if you have ever been admitted to hospital, what medications you are on etc

they weigh you, take blood, take blood pressure, test your wee and eye sight and then ask you some questions.

I did not think it was that in depth but they are not silly the process is designed to see if you will be a drain on the Oz health service.

I was concerned about my weight, high blood pressure and the fact that my Doc had put me on a statin due to an elevated chloresterol level and a family history of heart disease but I passed OK

Try a search on here to see if the medical condition has been discussed on here or try talking to an agent about it.

good luck

With all these questions on medical conditions:

if a person has a medical condition but does not inform the panel doctor, what is the likelyhood of it being detected?

Just as a matter of interest.

I think it would depend what it was. No health condition, with the exception of tuberculosis, automatically precludes the issue of a visa. Apart from tuberculosis, every condition identified in the course of the examinations, or through the questions you are asked in your application, will be individually considered for possible impact on the Australian community, including the costs of treatment or support that would be attracted by that condition. I don't think they would look favourably if you didn't declare something and they later found out.

Archived